Thread: Unable to send text message from Nexus 1

Unable to send text message from Nexus 1

I have got the Nexus One as my birth day gift and have just noticed that i can not send the text messages from this mobile phone. I do not know what could be the problem here but when i try to send the message then it says that text message was not sent. Has anybody faced the same problem on google's mobile phone?

Re: Unable to send text message from Nexus 1

I guess there must be something in the message settings of your nexus 1. Actually the network provider of your nexus 1 would be having one message center number which must be entered into your mobile phone's messaging settings. If there would be even a single digit mistake in the message center number then you would not be able to send the messages from your phone.

I was having the same issue on my nexus 1 yer i have not got anything meaningful because of which this problem was happening on my phone. But now i can send the messages from my mobile phone so i do not care about the problem anymore. I have not found any solution for it but i just restarted my phone and everything got okay with it.
    You may try the same on your phone and pray to god before doing it.

I think you have got your mobile phone just before some time so i suggest you to first of all restart your phone and if this does not let you sen the text messages then i think you should directly contact with the google service center or some other service center for the nexus one. It would be better if you do not try to solve it on your own.

I have given you the number which you may dial on your nexus 1 screen. You have to dial *#*#4636#*#* which is also known as *#*#INFO#*#*, This number has been used for troubleshooting/statistics menu page.
    Now select the phone information where at the bottom, You can enter the Short Mail Service Center.

Most probably this seems to be the something wrong in the message center number which is most common issue for not sending the messages but if it is not then i guess you should take out your SIM card from your cell phone and insert it into some other phone and try sending the messages. Then reinsert it into your phone and crosscheck with the message center number, Hopefully as soon as you insert the card, You should be able to send the messages.

I am using the Nexus One mobile phone and i have inserted T-Mobile's SIM in this mobile and i have no problem while sending an any kind of messages from this phone. I suggest you to go to the dialing screen then dial *#*#4636#*#* and scroll down the page where you will find SMSC Number where you have to enter the +12063130004 if you are using T-Mobile SIM or you have to search for the same number for whaever SIM card you have inserted in your phone.