Thread: How to disable external monitor in MacBook

How to disable external monitor in MacBook

When I connect an external monitor to my MacBook (2.13 Ghz - 4GB ram - 9400M) it is recognized correctly, it switches resolution a few seconds then it returns to its original value. The prefs system does not offer me any option. How to disable external monitor in MacBook. Since it works even though when i am using the Macbook screen and finally i had to unplug it from my MacBook.

Re: How to disable external monitor in MacBook

The best solution here which i can suggest to get rid of this problem is to use a program called as Gather Windows command. Either it is in the display preferences or in the Menubar's display icon. Currently i have not hooked up any monitor or display with my macbook so it is not possible for me to make further clarification in this matter. But anyways the program or the application which i have suggested you will definitely help you to disable to secondary monitor from your macbook without unplugging it.

Check whether in your mirror whether it is disabled or not, since that may be the reason why your second monitor continues to works, I do not think your Boot preference comes from this. however i would like to ask you some questions for giving solutions to this problem.
    What OS you use. your auxiliary monitor is DVI or DSUB. Have you tried plugging the second monitor macbook off and then plugged the second monitor and turn on the mac, what is the point?

When I plug the mac to the monitor through the adapter minidisplayport / VGA. I restarted the Mac, all that, it detects something since it changes one second resolution, but instantly he recovered in its original resolution. I went back under Leopard as under snow leopard he did something very strange: he would (at best) with thousands of colors, was very unresponsive to the mouse, as if saturated with CPU, and nothing 's displayed on the monitor. I'm here. The MacBook was purchased new in July 2009. 2.13GHz Intel Core2Duo - 4GB 800MHz DDR2 SDRAM. 10.5.8 System
    It would be very useful to me to be able to find a solution to this problem, thank you for your wisdom!

Above all, I would advice you to check the interconnectivity of the mac with another monitor without going through your system. To do this connect the mac on another monitor via the connecting line of origin. Install the software called as gather windows on your mac and this will provide you total control over the external display. If the second monitor works, it's probably not a mac bp, it will look farther away.

When you are finished using your Apple notebook lid closed mode, disconnect the external monitor to the internal display to light up when you open the lid. To disconnect the external monitor, put the computer to sleep and disconnect the monitor cable from the computer. Open the lid. The computer then reactivate the internal display.

It is possible to remove some of DVI, including DVI Apple aluminum, without putting the computer into standby. To check if your display supports this feature, put your computer into standby before unplugging the display. Hope this will work.