Thread: How to import into iMovie from Kodak playsport?

How to import into iMovie from Kodak playsport?

I have recently bought a Kodak playsport high defination camera, however I am having how to import the movies into iMovie. I do not know why this is not simple as my previous DV minicam where by you just plug it in. It looks to pull it and place at the position. Can you help me how to import the iMovie from Kodak playsport? I will be waiting for the related reply

Re: How to import into iMovie from Kodak playsport?

Camera can record the footage through the H264 codec, but you must know which container it is using. Are you able to view the file in the finder? Which type of container you are using, whether it is .mov or .avi or .mp4. You must make sure that the camera is compatible with the iMovie or not. Just find out the answer for these things.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Well you can try to import the movies from SD card to iPhoto and then you will be able to show up the iMovie below the videos from the iPhoto. You can also try to pull and place them on the desktop and they will be displayed as the .Mov file, but then you have to drag it in the iMOvie. Try to do these things and I am sure that you will be able to solve your problem.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I am having the Playsport and it is capable of importing into iMovie 08, I have not tried the way you are responsibility it nor have I have tried connecting the camera directly. I have removed the SD card then plug it in the reader. I am copying the file from the SD card into a folder on the hard disk. After that I move to iMovie 08 and then import the movie in from that folder.

According to me workflow on each and every camera, I have no idea why, but I have not connected the cameras straight to the computer. Except for the course the old mini dv camera but this is the only way to get the recording off. I am also having with the Playsprot considering it is a $150 high definition camera. I am really satisfied with the performance.

I can only suggest you that you download MPEG Streamclip. You do not need to pay for this, it is available for free. After that you just have to follow these steps.
    In the iPhoto, you just need to press right on the movie and then select reveal in the Finder. Then you have to drag the video file in the MPEG stream clip. After that in the MPEG Stream clip, you have to select the file and then choose any on the either Apple middle Codec. You just have to keep the identical size. After that you have to import the file into iMove using File.