Thread: MobileMe Sync Error Message

MobileMe Sync Error Message

When I do a manual sync ical from my mac to mobile I have a message saying that there are inconsistent data between ical and calendar and I must reset calendar on MobileMe to make a sync. So I went on mobileme and I tried to find a way to reset calendar, but without success. Does someone experienced the same trouble? Or is that someone would know how to reset calendar on MobileMe. Also I already made synch between my iphone and mobileme. I want to ask that can I sync iCal on multiple Macs..?? Please provide the necessary solutions.

Re: MobileMe Sync Error Message

To reset the sync, it does not delete the calendar. You must go into prefs Mobile Me on the Mac, Sync tab, then Advanced. Then, be careful which way you reset (from the computer to the web or web to the computer) and what you reboot (everything, or just timing). For example, if your details are correct on the web and not on the mac, you must choose mobile me to the mac. (I do not remember exactly how it looks, but I think it is just enough to be guided).!!

I have solved the problem of sync iCal on multiple Macs by the following procedure :
    1. Firstly, for safety, export each calendar in iCal. Select a calendar and then File> Export.
    2. Save the database to be re-imported iCal later: File> Backup iCal ... which gives a file on the hard drive.
    3. Create a new empty calendar (no matter the name) and delete all the other calendar and then quit iCal. Synchronize with MobileMe, this erases the old data on MobileMe.
    4. Go to System Preferences> MobileMe. Tab uncheck sync with MobileMe sync (if it is active), then the Advanced ... options, remove the permissions of all computers.
    5. Launch iSync and preferences, click Reset Sync History. It takes a few seconds.
    6. In iCal, File> Restore iCal ... and select the file. It can recreate new schedules and delete the empty calendar.
    7. System Prefs> MobileMe> Sync> Advanced: Allow your Mac asking to replace the MobileMe data with data from the computer.
    8. System Prefs> MobileMe> Sync: Check that MobileMe does not synchronize with MobileMe.
    9. In iCal, record the events that you do not want to lose on a piece of paper, create a new empty calendar and delete the others. Quit and restart iCal. Restore the file.
    10. refs System> MobileMe> Sync> Advanced: Enable Mac asking to replace the computer data with those of MobileMe (arrow to the Mac).

That's over. Just repeat steps 9-12 on all Macs. For me, now all the calendars to sync correctly. It is tedious to do but it works correctly again, it's worth it.

If you are Able to sync your MobileMe account in Mac OS X has new user, log back in to the Mac OS X user Engagements and troubleshoot your keychain . If your keychain IS working as Expected, reset your SyncServices folder and try syncing again. Try syncing just one data type, such as calendars, Until you isolate down to the end Specifying a data type (if you are syncing multiple data types).

I would like to suggest you to Repair Permissions. Repair the disk (no error message). Cleaning all caches and "run" of all the scripts (daily, weekly, monthly) of OS X with Cocktail (4.1.1). Rebooting in single user mode and launch the command fsck-fy. No problem found. Restarting in safe mode and repair according to what is described above. Then restart by zapping the PRAM. Once done, run "Disk Utility" and repair permissions, then restart. If after that the problem persists, try a clean re-installation. If after reinstalling the problem is the same, check with your dealer.

I assume you're under Leopard. Follow the description as mentioned :
    Preferences / MobileMe / Sync / Advanced ... / Reset data synchronization / In the sense MobileMe to the Mac.
    You can do everything or just the calendar reinitialize.

When using Backup to perform a backup to your iDisk, you may receive the following message:
    "Backup failed: There Is Not Enough free space at the destination for the backup." (Backup Failed: space available is insufficient to make the destination for the backup.)
    In some cases, messages other than those mentioned above may appear. Remember iDisk is the backbone of many service MobileMe. In addition to being a tool to store and share documents and files on the Internet standard, the iDisk storage location information for your assistance applications published pages, your galleries, your data synchronization, etc.. Generally, if you encounter problems during your interaction with any service other than MobileMe Mail is always a good idea to make sure you have space available on your iDisk.