Thread: Does it is possible to hack Macbook multitouch trackpad

Does it is possible to hack Macbook multitouch trackpad

I had just got a Macbook from my uncle who had gone for a new one. So this is for free for me. I was just wondering after using Macbook that weather it is possible to hack the multitouch trackpad of Macbook. I am trying to find out some specific information on the same. But there is nothing mentioned online which states that this might not be possible. What you think about the same.

Re: Does it is possible to hack Macbook multitouch trackpad

Macbook has a very advance touchpad which is designed to provide a better solution for using system. I think it is not possible to do that. The trackpad provided in mac is quiet a advance one. I got some sources which provides on other trackpad hack gesture. But nothing is available if you search for Macbook Trackpad. All you do is use some application for customizing it.

That will be a great if you are able to back the multitouch trackpad of Macbook. That might be possible if there is any new firmware update. I had seen the demo of this system on apple site which showed a very nice presentation of the track pad. It showed it nice rotation functionality. I would not rather try to customize. I will use it as it instead of hacking it for other purpose.

This might be possible, but not sure. I had found my friend using a application in his Macbook which gives him ability to use 2 finger click and scroll on a much wider area. You can too look for such services which will provide you a proper customization option for the same. There are some ready made tool for that. But they does not provide much help for the same.

The trackpad in Macbook is equipped with a 2 point capability already. You can checkout that in your system. Now for some reason if you want 3 point capability then you might need to get some application for that. If there is any particular new release by Apple regarding the drive updates then you might can use up that to hack the multitouch trackpad.

I know about something using a touchpad on wireless connection. But looks awesome where you can control your system around the room. But this topic of hacking the track pad is much interesting. I need some help on the same on Ubuntu platform. Dose this is possible on a Linux based system. There are some video guides online but they do not explain much.

The current Macbook can sense out 3 fingers in some way. First of all the trackpad easily finds 2 finger swapping with the scrolling. Now when a user swipe a finger on the trackpad horizontally the software in the system find the movements and the swapping is recognized as the 3rd finger swap. In the same way you can use the same option for vertical scrolling also.