Thread: Questions related to MapKit

Questions related to MapKit

I want to ask questions associated to MapKit, the first question is, is it possible to contain MKMapView within the range of specific coordinates, may be programmatically changing the view at the time it has reached the boundaries. For the purpose of the offline maintenance, is it possible to save or refer to the MKMapView in a certain specific coordinates?

Re: Questions related to MapKit

Definitely you are allowed to save the co-ordinates and after that display them at the time you are not online. But you are not allowed to get the correct position, until the GPS is not working. You are also allowed to make sure that the MKMapView will be able to see only specific piece of the map, and you cannot get it to zoom for a specific distance.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am having somewhat different question that is more related to the referencing ability for the actual view at the time map is not online. If I am able to turn OFF the WiFi on my iPod touch the map is not saving and one more thing it is also not reloading. I want to get rid of these lines. Is there any means available through which I can force cache or save the map?
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have already set the image property of the MKAnnotationView for replacing the normal pin explanation with my own image. But canShowCallout is also set to yes and at the time of map loading with the custom explanation. I am tapping for showing a callout, the image or the explanation; I have also tapped the changes in the pin. The thing I want to know is that what the purpose of the image property is.

As far as I know you are not allowed to request mapkit for caching anything in any manner. The only thing that cached is the user has to see on the Maps application, or any other application that is using the mapkit. I think now you have got the little understanding about the Mapkit, what it can do and what it cannot. See there are tools that can be helpful to you but modifying that may result in damage to that tool.