Thread: How to compile the ffmpeg on iPhone?

How to compile the ffmpeg on iPhone?

Recently I have downloaded the iFrameExtractor sample code and I am trying to compile it with iPhone simulator. The project is displaying the following error message even if I added. *.a libraries in my project. All the libraries are searching for the required path. Anybody has idea related to this; I just want to know how to compile the ffmpeg on iPhone.

Re: How to compile the ffmpeg on iPhone?

Usually the libraries are compiled for the arm or machine and not for the i386 simulator. May be the link for the libraries are not correct in the build configurations. You should try to check the path for the libraries and then try to accumulate the fflpay that are using ffmpeg, I am sure that will solve your problem, if that does not help you then give more details related to your problem.

Well I am not idea of anyone who has got it to effort on the simulator. For the many wrong starts, we consideration we had it is working on the simulator, than we have deployed on the device and the video came out distorted. Then in the finish we just did all our checking on the machine. If you have a 3gs you can use this build of ffplay for the 3g you will require to recompile through the gas script.

Actually I have managed to compile it for the purpose of simulator, I will have search for the libraries on my hard disk. I am not able to remember, but I think I have made them fat, that can work with both the simulator and also with the device. The iFrameExtractor is coming with the script that is creating a good group of the fat universal libraries that can include both the ARAMV6 and also the ARMV7 architectures.

May be you can use the libraries that we are using ffplay and webstreamX, I have copied those to the iframeextractor and it is running in a very awesome way, I am amazed at the frame per second rate considering that it is not utilizing the opencv or the opengl. Note though the demo is not having the sound, and key according to my experience.

Hello,

1.Get the last code base from SVN
    checkout from svn://svn.ffmpeg.org/ffmpeg/trunk
    2.open a terminal window and go in your working copy folder and compile FFMPEG for iPod touch and iPhone first generation using :

./configure --enable-cross-compile --arch=c --target-os=darwin --cc=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin/gcc --sysroot=/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS3.2.sdk --cpu=arm6 --extra-cflags='-arch armv6' --extra-ldflags='-arch armv6'

then :
    make

get the libs and link with them in xcode !

You're done !

Jonathan.

According to me this technology is much easier compared to Android, I am having the universals at some places; there is also build scrip with the webstreamx that must work. Those people who are not familiar with the webstreamX you can get the demo for this from ffmpeg4iphone website. I hope this reply has helped you.