Thread: stream an internet radio or pandora on an iphone 3G

stream an internet radio or pandora on an iphone 3G

I have bought a new iPhone 3G and i have some questions about this phone.
    • Which application should i use to stream shoutcast or an internet radio stations at a decent bitrate, I mean to say at 128 kbps stereo.
    • what is the bitrate of an iPhone application for streaming itunes library over 3G?
    • Does pandora have the same bitrate of 64 kbps over 3G?

Re: stream an internet radio or pandora on an iphone 3G

Even i am an iPhone 3G user and i am using the Tuner Internet Radio which you can get from an application store. I have never faced any problem while streaming Chronix Radio over 3G all over the city. And yes, I use the 128 kbps streaming, So i guess you should also try the same on your iphone.

I am in the UK right now and have installed FStream on my iPhone which is as little webradio player. Here i have given you the functions that are being added in the latest version of the FStream.
    1. Removed ShoutCast preset for right concern
    2. Ability to add its custom preset servers
    3. Ability to select per station tags encoding

I guess all the streaming radio applications which you can use with an iPhone has been restricted. They stream the stations at the reduced poor quality bit rates. This applications includes Pandora, AOL Radio, Slacker, Shoutcast, etc.
    This is because an Apple cripples these apps at the beset of AT&T. And there is no settings have given in pandora by using which you can nlock high bit rate music.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

3G Unrestrictor is an iPhone application which allows you to go around the iPhone's limitations while on 3G/EDGE like no VoIP, no downloading of files bigger than 10MB from the AppStore or iTunes Store and low quality YouTube videos. It allows those things by tricking applications into believing they are on WiFi, even though they are on 3G or EDGE. 3G Unrestrictor is the premium successor of the popular VoIPover3G app for the iPhone.

I suggest you to use the Qik which is video sharing software but this software has been not provided on an apple store so you need to hack your iPhone to run this software.
    It is an amazing software and i have used it for many instances for sharing a video while capturing the same. Your video is automatically saved as you record and You can even chat with friends while they watch you stream live. For more information go to the qik.com.

With Flixwagon, you can broadcast live video from your phone to the web, keep videos for later, stream to your blog, notify your friends and more. Flixwagon started offering their live streaming client for the iPhone 3G/2G this week. Flixwagon offers streaming video over WiFi or over the cellular data connection. In addition, the application offers 12 frames-per-second video.