Thread: My flash drive is an info folder

question My flash drive is an info folder

The flash have become an info folder, which makes me unable to like right-click on it and format it into a NTFS system no idea how this happened.. doesnt seem like a problem when i plug it in to a pc with Windows xp (running vista on this)
    Thanks

Re: My flash drive is an info folder

This is basically a virus issue. You need to sort the problem by using a good scanning told and then process accordingly for the same. Use Quick heal total security antivirus application. It will help you out.

I had no files on it but of some reason, it worked out.. Now i got another problem, i cant copy Autorun(.inf) files to the flash... First it says that i need to be an admin to do that, which i am, so just click accept, and then it says i dont have the rights.. solution?

Do you have Mcafee installed? If so there is a task called "Access Protection" in VirusScan Console. In there you have uncheck a rule under the 'File, Share, and Folder Protection' tab called 'Prevent remote creation of autorun.inf files'. Hope that helps

I believe that the only virus-program i have is "Trend micro officescan". and i do get an "notification message" from it, i have no idea how to turn that off though. No one knows how to Force the copy through cmd or something? Really need this to work... I have also tried making the autorun myself, but when i try to save it as .inf it says that i dont have the permission to do that...

Btw, does this sound familiar for any of you guys? "HKTL_DELFMFM"

HKTL_DELFMFM description says: Hacking tools are programs that generally crack or break computer and network security measures. Hacking tools have different capabilities depending on the systems they have been designed to penetrate. System administrators have been known to use similar tools - if not the same programs - to test security and identify possible avenues for intrusion.

More information here.

Ok, thanks for that! 99% of those warnings are just bullshit though Any news on the "cant copy autorun" thing?

You can try to do one thing, change the name of the file and copy it and that will be done without a problem. You can also try installing unlocker, download it from here. Unlocker will determine the process that locks a file. This application facilitates the release of this file to delete it normally. The operation can be performed without rebooting if possible. Access to software is done from the context menu of Windows Explorer and therefore requires only a few clicks.

Haha, it ****ing worked to just change the name, move it and change back! thanks alot! now its totally bootable..