Thread: External dvd burner for mac

External dvd burner for mac

I have recently bought a new mac for my personal use and i am searching for an external dvd burner to attach with this mac. It would be even better if it has a FW and USB equipped. Can you guys help to search for the same?

Re: External dvd burner for mac

Here i have found one Sony DRX-830U DVD burner which can work with the mac. The DRX-830U DVD burner incorporates 18X max DVD+R burning, delivering a full 4.7GB disc in about 5 minutes using standard 16X DVD+R discs. This drive supports all available DVD formats including single layer 4.7GB DVD+R/+RW, 8.5GB Double/Dual Layer DVD+R DL, and DVD-RAM discs. High performance 48X max CD-R burning and 32X max CD-RW burning means you no longer need a separate CD burner. The DRX-830U features attractive vertical design and sports a high speed USB 2.0 interface for fast and easy connection. This drive comes bundled with an unbeatable Nero 7 software suite for authoring video DVDs, burning data DVD/CDs, backing up your computer, and much more.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Me too having the mac on which i am using the Plextor burner and good new fr you is that it has been provided with the both FW400 and USB connections.
    I agree that it is bit noisy when it spins up but it does writing very well. This burner i am using as an external unit and have never faced any problem regarding it. You choose of the given burner from the plextor-asia.com
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have searched one good portable dvd burner which you may use with your mac. It name is LaCie Portable DVD±RW (Mac) which is good burner and it is slim as well. This would cost you some around $ 90 but i guess there would not be anything like FW given on it. I think you should visit the LaCie Website where you can more information about this burner.

I guess you need a really good help to buy a dvd burner for your mac. Honestly, I do not have any idea about which burner you should be buying but i guess i have found something useful which helps you to learn that how to buy a new dvd Burner for your mac.
    Just you need to search for the " How to buy an External DVD Burner for Macs " on ehow.com and i guess you would be getting some 5 to 6 steps to follows which teaches you to decide about the burner.

The Kanguru QS2 DVDRW Drive provides high speed DVD and CD burning for PC, Notebook and Mac users. Dual Layer technology allows you to burn nearly twice as much data (up to 8.5GB) to a single disc, allowing you to create high quality DVDs. The LightScribe label burning allows you to burn custom labels onto your LightScribe compatible CD or DVD media. Simply plug the drive into an available USB port for instant access to a 20x DVD/RW drive. As an added benefit, the Kanguru QS2 DVDRW Drive is bund.
    Or you may go for buying an Iomega 24X Super DVD Writer.

I would be recommending you the Buffalo DVSM-P58U2/B - DVD±RW (±R DL) / DVD-RAM drive - Hi-Speed USB which is good software and it an external drive. It would be costing you some around $98 and i guess it worth of it. You may find it bit more cheaper on the online sale but you have to do bit more searches.