Thread: Turn off time capsule

Turn off time capsule

I plan to purchase a time capsule for its routing capabilities with gigabit Ethernet + NAS backup is interesting for a charge does not appear excessive in relation to the purchase of two products separately. But for reasons of my own I do not want the wifi, or at least I am able to enable / disable at will ... Is that possible? Since Steve to take to the air what is all connected wirelessly I wonder if I will not be forced to buy two separate products for a total cost not necessarily lower in the PC world. Moreover, if the solution time capsule time machine + seems sufficient to replicate the contents of macs at home, it's still light to store and protect data over the long term. Is it possible to schedule backups at regular intervals archive timecapsule to a 3rd external drive (USB) or better to a tape drive, or other?

Re: Turn off time capsule

Time Capsule / Time Machine is not exampte fault. The first full backup performed by Time Capsule is extremely long ... Via WiFi have at least 24 hours for a disk of 250 gigabytes. To accelerate this process you can do the first backup is connected by an Ethernet cable. Attention because at first use a password you will be asked. Do not forget the pain of never being able to recover your data. It is stored in your Mac keychain so you do not have to type it every time. But if you lose all your data after reformatting or partitioning bad ... Without the password you can say goodbye to your data because they were encrypted.

Time Machine detects Time Capsule on the network. Just then a few clicks to designate it as your backup drive :
    1. Choose System Preferences from the Apple menu, then click Time Machine.
    2. Slide the switch to ON.
    3. Select your Time Capsule disk and click on "Use for Backup".
    4. Allow several hours or overnight to your Mac to perform the initial backup.

I use my Time Capsule as both wi-fi for internet access and at the same time as a means of safeguarding the macbook my sister and myself. I purchased the item for pre-order the day of its release. So I have the first version of this technology at that time was sold for 499 euros 1to version (1000giga). It may seem expensive at first but given the time savings / silver / concerns that this invention has saved me so I think the price is totally justified. Also do not forget this is not a single hard drive! You have your hands wi-fi, ethernet, modem complete. You can even USB printers connected to the terminal. It's really a nice device. In my setup is as follows: The Time Capsule is in my room and is connected by ethernet to switch netgear DG834 modem (nice device that too) the show which are connected ordis the house had not Fi. The NetGear is itself connected via Ethernet to my LiveBox. I could have directly linked by wireless to my Time Capsule LiveBox but for a practical reason and I abandoned that idea security.

I recommend restoring your total disk Mac because I lost three days of food! And plus it did not help! For this to lead to a kernel panic on reboot with a beautiful panel of interdict barred and a question ... In addition, this method of restoration is devilishly wrong in performance ... Your disk access will find it very slow and inefficient which increased to 10 min time to start your Mac. And finally it is the time when you can not do anything else with your computer.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Time Capsule and Time Machine tools are more than interesting! And I would go even further! They are essential! These are not free of defects, which indeed are sometimes troublesome. But overall we remain very satisfied. Time Machine (Time Machine) is a new technology appeared in the latest Apple operating system: Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard. This technology allows for backups of all your files, very simple, regular and fully transparent manner. But it goes even further, since Time Machine can back up your data so incremental! This means that Time Machine does not resauvegarde all your data every time.

The solution proposed by Apple includes a Wi-Fi type n. If one side had to buy a 500GB hard drive, the other a wireless router, the total of the two elements would it be more interesting. The preservation of digital content on hard disk starts to make its entry in the general public. Individuals are realizing the value of stock, other than on their computer, their photos, videos, work ... Furthermore, solutions become more responsive to evolving needs of individuals are emerging.