Thread: Time Capsule Read Only

Time Capsule Read Only

I have a little trouble with Time Capsule. When time machine starts ca puts "connection to the backup volume" and AC for hours without starting backup. But I come to accede to Time Capsule to see the recorded data via the finder. The light on the TC is solid green. The Western Digital Green Power is no longer available, but that replaces the Samsung is a very good album, less expensive, a bit noisy in rotation, but that does not "scratch" it. When next Time Machine backup, the system will recognize a few minutes old backups, without realizing that the disk has changed. It will no longer try to delete the oldest backups, as it has enough space for new backups. Also please tell me something about the Music server on Time Capsule.!!

Re: Time Capsule Read Only

If you are experiencing problems with the backups Time Machine, learn how to fix them. If Time Machine can not complete a backup, making note of any warning message appears. You can also open System Preferences and click the red "i" in Time Machine preferences for more information. There are three reasons why this might happen :
    • You have done a complete restoration.
    • The computer name (in Sharing preferences) has changed. When this happens, Time Machine will perform a full backup on the next date fixed.
    • If you made any recent hardware repair, please contact the Authorized Service Provider Apple Store or Apple that made the repair. Meanwhile, you can browse and restore previous backups by clicking the right mouse button (or Control-click) on the Time Machine icon in the Dock and select Browse other backups on the shortcut menu.

If Time Machine does not backup a particular file, it may be dialed with the "do not backup" in Time Machine preferences. To remove files from the list "do not backup" :
    1. Select Preferences from the Apple menu system.
    2. In the View menu, choose Time Machine.
    3. Click Options.
    4. Look in the list "do not backup". To delete an item that should not be on the list, select it and click Delete (-).
    5. Click OK.
    In rare cases, Time Machine might not be able to perform backup software (software from other companies other than Apple) because of any adjustment made by the manufacturer. For more information, contact the software manufacturer.

Re: Music server on Time Capsule

I would like to discuss on the Music server on Time Capsule. It is even possible that several terminals transmit simultaneously, but only the same piece of music. And networking, wireless or Ethernet, Macs can share the same database of music, but only if the Mac that stores the iTunes folder is on. It is the weak point. Time Capsule, it by its router function is, in principle, always running. So, to the iTunes folder on the hard disk Time Capsule solves permanent access. And for me, as I do not have enough disk space on my iMac to contain my club, I just put an external FireWire hard drive on my iMac, but as I'm manic noise, a Time Capsule far from my ears that I like. I placed the top of my library.

Before dealing with Time Capsule as a server, do a quick reminder of the classical solution for access to music from another Mac, for those who have not yet Time Capsule. A Mac can access the database of music from another Mac via the sharing option, this read-only. To this must be in the iTunes preferences, tab "Sharing" check the sharing options. That's it. You can share entire library, music, video, or a party. On the other Mac, in iTunes, will appear the name of the library. No problem, it works, except that the connection is slow. In practice, the expectation of the other Mac is fast becoming unbearable, this although I do not have a large disco, a little less than 500 CDs.

It is even possible that several terminals transmit simultaneously, but only the same piece of music. And network, wireless or Ethernet, Macs can share the same database of music, but only if the Mac that stores the iTunes folder is on. It is the weak point. Time Capsule him by his function as a router, is, in principle, always running. So, put the iTunes folder on the hard disk Time Capsule solves permanent access.

Message "i" red: "Time Machine could not set because it is not integrated network interface" :
    1. From the Go menu in Finder, go to this location:
      / Library / Preferences / SystemConfiguration /
    2. Copy the file "NetworkInterfaces.plist" to the desktop (to make a backup, just in case).
    3. Delete the file "NetworkInterfaces.plist." Enter a name and an administrator password if prompted.
    4. Restart your Mac
    5. Once restarted, you reconfigure Network preferences panel and Time Machine in System Preferences.