Thread: LaCie Big Disk Extreme Failure

LaCie Big Disk Extreme Failure

Hello everyone. I am posting this thread because I have a small problem. I just bought an external hard drive 1 TB LaCie Big Disk which failed to be detected on my macbook. Anyone aware why i am facing this issue. Please tell me what's the actual problem. I had purchased the Lacie hard disk just six months ago. It's really very shocking.

Re: LaCie Big Disk Extreme Failure

I had a similar Problem with Maxtor (ATA) external (USB) in an Icy Box with a lot of data to be recognized in either the file manager or in the "Computer Management" under Vista. Appeared, however, USB storage device.
    I think a lot of people in this case.

This drive came from my old PC with XP, FAT32. This is the master disk.

• Having not looked in complicated stuff, exactly what I did:
    • Turned the small pin on the back of DD which states that if it is Master, slave etc.
    • Turned on the hard disk BEFORE plugging it into my PC via USB.
    • Connected once launched on the PC.

Miracle, detection, automatic installation, detection volumes 3 partitions on my HDD, and appeared in the file manager.

Windows 2K and XP systems do not recognize the HDD over 250GB Partition even though there is a trick that I use and works very well. It must first partition your HDD with a total of 250 GB a few of the number of sections that you will create you can use Partition Magic or GParted free and it is only once the partitions have been created and formatted as you can install your system, XP or 2K. After the proper functioning of your system, you turn on Partition Magic and you activate the last remaining part of HDD and you will formates. You will have an additional hard drive equal to the value of what remained inactive.

Can you help me restore my data from my external HD. It has always worked well with Win XP. its having 4 partitions, 250 GB total gross. But one day, I click on "Check Disk" on Vista on my second PC, recently and unfortunately. my external hd was checked, then asked to be formatted to be used I refuse. After restoration, none of the four scores is no longer recognized. The DD is no longer recognized by either the PC or the other XP, Vista. Please help me

Simply browse to the Computer Management and select Disk Management by right clicking the my computer option. And check that

• The external drive does not use a drive letter already used
    • in this case, right-click the disk => Change Drive Letter and Paths access, selection and change the letter for letter without used.
    • After changing apply and close the window
    • Reboot your machine.

This should solve the problem