Thread: Blu Ray ripping onto Apple TV, iPhone & iPad

Blu Ray ripping onto Apple TV, iPhone & iPad

I got a complete Blu Ray film which I would like to rip in my computer system, so that I could store it on my Apple tv (50" tv), my iPhone and a iPad . I needed to install ubuntu 9.1 on my ps3 and perform the ripping from that location, but I haven't got any type of guidelines about ripping from ubuntu.
    Please, someone can suggest me some easy guide for ripping blue rays in High Quality on ubuntu? However, I got plenty of storage, but would be properly satisfied with iTunes' HD movie quality,that doesn't fill out more than 3-5GB for each movie.

Re: Blu Ray ripping onto Apple TV, iPhone & iPad

I would suggest you to go for some other software that can properly do it and I know the name of that software that has capability to perform this task. One of the friend of mine using this software and made the backup of that within his system through him, I am suggesting you to use this. I have not seen or at least figured out any other programs atm that does what MakeMKV does.I am sure, it would be helpful for you.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Yeah, that's right. I am agree with you Bon-Z. MakeMKV is one of the format converter program, sometimes it's called "transcoder". It converts the small footage from proprietary disc into a group of MKV files, preserving much more information but not configuring it in any way. The MKV format is capable to contain more than one video/audio tracks with possible meta-information and preserve chapters. Several players which can play MKV files closely on entire platforms, and there are utilities to convert MKV files to other formats, also added DVD and Blu-ray discs.

In order to this, MakeMKV can instantly stream decrypted clips and would take any step to perform the intermediate conversion to large number of players, so you can be able to watch Blu-ray and DVD discs with your desirable player on any type of platform or device.It contains the following features as follows -

• Scans DVD and Blu-ray discs
    • Reads Blu-ray discs protected with newest versions of AACS and BD+
    • Preserves entire video and audio collections and HD audio also
    • Preserves chapters details
    • Preserves entire meta-details
    • Quick conversion - converts is so quick as your drive is able to scan the data.
    • No third party software is needed for conversion or decryption.
    • Compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

I purchased an internal blu-ray player and cost goes around $139. I use makemkv. I already stored some movies that would not convert properly for me. This is mostly something that I have performed incorrect. The quality is much better and I get filesizes covered from 2.25 to 3.75 GBs based on aspect ratio and length.

Movies with fps maximum than 23.976 consumes ages to convert though, and some looks as sports blu-rays and concerts go maximum than 4BGs, so I use the 720x480 from the list , and in some cases I have had to settle with 640x480 anamorphic encodes. But for more films, you will be right . I perform the conversion of two copies, one for HD displaying on my Apple TV and a 720x480 anamorphic version for iPhone...