Thread: Microcell support on iPad 3G

Microcell support on iPad 3G

I need help in finding out how to use Macrocell support on iPad 3G. I had ordered my iPad and for internet access I need some help. I want to know weather it is possible to get Microcell support on Apple iPad. This is the only service provider I have in my area and I have a live connection with them. So for that the internet setup might be easier rather switching to a new company.

Re: Microcell support on iPad 3G

I am not sure about the same. I have a laptop which works on 3G microcell but the same is only for vpn support. I had tried to use the sim of Microcell on the laptop but that showed no internet connection on my system. I am trynig to communicate for the same purpose but there are not relevant support. I am using my home Wifi now for internet on the laptop.

You can try out the same. Usually even I am not confirmed about the 3G support on Microcell. If that is absent then you might not get a proper service related to internet on the iPad. There are lots of offers which you will get on buying of iPad. You can pick up a nice one for 3G support and use it. I have a AT&T support which works well on the iPad.

I will rather prefer my home Wifi setup to use internet on the iPad. I was using a service before which was providing worst internet speed on the iPad. Connecting the same to a wifi network gives you easy and much faster access to the internet. All you will need here is a proper wifi connection and configuration settings in the iPad. The independent support will cost you more

This is for your information that you cannot use ATT Microcell on iPad. I had read a documentation which is provided on the official site of Microcell. You can read that out for further more information. I had found that they are mentioned taht there is some IMEI development work is going on for iPad. So unless and until they are not able to provide a proper phone number to iPad they might doubt that their service would work.

This is quiet interesting to hear that Microcell might not able to give 3G support for iPad. But you need not to worry for that. Switch to a another service provider for the same. There are lots of plan available. You can pick up one for your need and then use the same till they come on conclusion of proving the service on Apple iPad. You can try your broadband network also.

I will better recommend you to use the wifi network. That is the best choice . Just connect the iPad to the network and enjoy high speed internet. Or else you can search for 3G Data service which offers you a similar service but a bit costly. There are lots of service provider which are available in the market and you can switch to any relevant service. Many are provided at the time of purchase.