Thread: Which firmware is required for OCZ Vertex SSD?

Which firmware is required for OCZ Vertex SSD?

I am having i7 iMac which I am changing the DVD drive for the SSD. I am having 240 gigabytes vertex Mac edition but I was thinking which firmware I need to have. Or do I need to use the same thing which I have got with it. In short want to know which firmware is required for OCZ Vertex SSD? Any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: Which firmware is required for OCZ Vertex SSD?

I am not sure that this will be helpful to you or not. I am using 160 gigabyte Vertex in combination 1.4 firmware and I got a 15” Mac Book Pro. I have never faced any problem related to the firmware. I think that the problem was only with the old version of Mac Book Pro. As far as I know you will not get any problem related to that.

To be honest, normally I stay away from the bleeding edge of Vertex Firmware release because they are very problematic in the earlier period. I am having Vertex from the day one and it is always good a good idea to remain one step behind the launch of any firmware, unless you will face lots of problem. May be this advice will be helpful to you.

If you really want to, update the latest firmware than you can use 1.41 update. It is only for Linux users and Mac OS X people. If you are thinking of using 1.4 then you are doing a big mistake because if you that then you will face a performance degradation. 1.41 is final and stable hence you will not face any kind of bleeding edge stuff.

As mentioned in the above reply I tried to update to 1.41 from 1.4 but no result. I am really annoyed with this OCZ. Currently the drive is really fast but I know that it will be going to slow done as the time passes. It looks like that I have pull the drive then I have to put it in window box for the update purpose.

The problem is that 250 gigabyte vertex is delivered with the 1.10 firmware. For that I have to update to 1.3. I am getting the dreaded question mark icon and then a blinking folder at the time of startup and also there is not loading of the ISO file. I have also followed the disk utility instruction for the letter but no solution.