Thread: Handbrake works better on iMac than Mac Book Pro

Handbrake works better on iMac than Mac Book Pro

Prior to getting this i7 iMac that is suitable for my spatial and the work requirement better than compared to my 2009 Quad MacPro I have found that 2.8 Gigahertz will see a slight benefit over 2.66 in Mac Pro. With the Mac Pro I am not able to use hand break for more than 76 percent of the number of virtual cores or nearly about 599 percent of total. With the help of hand bread on i7, I am getting nearly about 739 percent usage and nearly 93 percent on core. But on the Mac Pro I am getting 49 to 59 fps on the iMac I am getting 76 percent. This is according to me I want to know what others have to say about the handbrake on iMac and MacPro.

Re: Handbrake works better on iMac than Mac Book Pro

Are you interested in planning a head to head to test for Hand Break with my i5 and your i7? According to me this would be very interesting and will be really helpful for others. Through this other will get a clear idea which better if they want to use any of it. On the other hand I am also thinking to add Mac book Pro 13” this test.

I am having i7 and using 12 gigabyte and it is giving me an annoying sound. The average I was getting is around 169 fps that is when I was running Time Machine for taking backup at the same time. I am really worried about it. My friend is also facing the similar problem he is getting more then 299 fps while he is ripping the DVD image.

It will better to understand the problem if any one of you can give some related information for the picture settings of resolution, I mean whether it is 850x480 or something else. One more thing I want to ask that anyone of you is using presets like AppleTV, iPhone or some related software to that. Because they are going to definitely affect speed.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I am using Hand Break on my Mac Book Pro that is with 2.8 core du and I am having 6 gigabyte of RAM without any kind of issues. Just two days ago I have got my latest Mac Book with the quad core and it is having 8 gigabyte of RAM and I am facing problem using Hand Brake in that. The source DVD is not loading faster and encoding is canceling in the halfway.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I want to know that is this caused by Hand Break or because of the SD encoding? I am planning of getting a 2.8 i7 since I am having lots of high definition encodes in the Hand break. Currently my iMac is taking nearly 7 to 9 hours for processing Blu Ray to 720p with an average rate of 8 frames per seconds. The worst thing about Mac is that I have to leave the iMac alone while it is using the encode.