Thread: iPhone 3G Antenna Location

iPhone 3G Antenna Location

I am curious, do we know where the antenna in the new 3G is? I hope apple iphone's back is all plastic and that's why moved up it to the top, but I think they could have left at the bottom to keep it away from the head of the users. Please tell me where is the iPhone 3G Antenna Location.
    Thank you.

Re: iPhone 3G Antenna Location

I am not sure, but the plan 3.5mm headphone jack may be used as an antenna. This is because it is used for radio reception when you listen radio. I think the camera outline is also used as an antenna.
    To get better knowledge just refer apple iphone guide.

I can sit by taking back side of the apple iphone and throughout I get perfect signal. Makes no difference where I place my hand. My guess is this phone has been abandoned signal anyway, and it happened to drop when he moved his hand. I think there is no affect on antenna signal when you talk and for other purpose.

Now, I must admit it has something to do with signal strength. Because when I am outside, so it is stronger than in my room and more difficult to move some of these bars valuable. But when I'm inside and I'll get between 4 and 5 bars, it is much easier to affect the signal. If you want I can even do a video with my iPhone 3G side by side with the 2G model I have and that the signal will not even budge on the iPhone 2G.

Well, I noticed that if I put my hand behind the upper third of the case when my signal drops to 3 bar 3G signal at 1 bar. When I move my hand, it goes back to 3 bars.
    So I guess the antenna is in the top third somewhere.

Well you remember the old iPhone 2G? It was only plastic bottom quarter of phone that was for an antenna. Now they have a little more, including 3G and GPS, which explains why the rest of the phone is now plastic. I think the weakest quarter is still 2g antenna while the rest is in the area between there and above, as you indicated at the top third of your phone. But have you ever seen a phone that is affected most of your hand? I do not know much about these antennas or anything, I just noticed how the effect of your hand can have on the signal, which I think is too much and should be fixed. Well I will live with only suspended the phone next to my ear with a piece of string that I will not file an appeal.