Thread: Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC

Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC

I am running with this latest feature selected when syncing my music to my iPhone 3GS 16GB. It facilitate me to store extra 600 or more than that songs on my iPhone,that is best for me but there's one huge issue that I have currently .

Before, I had such feature selected, iTunes would always skip about 300MB of free storage on my iPhone, skipping storage to capture pictures, vids, and download applications and songs upon 3G or Wifi. With the "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" option selected, iTunes skips less than 5MB of free storage on my iPhone, making this almost impossible to associate something new to the iPhone. Is someone else running with such type of issue ? Is there a solution for this?

Thanks in advance!

Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC

Do you all have any suggestion regarding this question that has been asked by morea. I am also suffering with the same issue but the different is that she wants to know the fix but I need to know the functionality," What does "convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC" in itunes mean? If you would help me then I can solve my problems myself..

Re: Convert higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps AAC

It will have lower quality of the songs so you are able to store more than one and can be adjusted more on your iPod.

Actually, 128 kbps is not low quality for AAC;this is the similar bitrate which regular songs from the iTunes store come in. That action is primarily for when you stored higher-quality songs, that are directly transferred from a high-quality audio CD without reductions.

It indicates that it needs to convert high quality (bitrate) songs into a slightly lower quality . So they would not take up as much storage on your ipod or hard drive. There are some users are unable to tell the variations in quality. You would have to be sure that whether it is worth losing quality to save storage space.

So, I just figured out such feature with the installation of iTunes 9.1. I wanted to ask that : According to my knowledge, it skip the original songs intact, so should I test such option to save storage memory on my iPod Touch and will I listen any audible differentiations with NuForce NE-7M headphones?

Trans-coding from lossy format (the high bitrate AAC) to even losslier minimum bitrate AAC is commonly a worst suggestion from begin to end. Apple is distributing the users ignorance upon the audio encoding and the truth is that all several users will guide the "oh it looks like good enough for me" .

In spite of this skipping the "main" files untouched at their main bitrates. If you getting decent hearing, and decent headphones, yeah, you will point some variations and the transcoding from lossy to even lossier is most specifically moving to destroy the audio stuff, even if you are not able of noticing this.

One of the user on other suggested me the answers like "AAC was better than mp3according to the quality wise" But I am not sure with him. I am aware about the 128 kbps MP3 is horrid from my own experience, but I have got 128 kbps. AAC is more minimum noticeable in difference. But it is just from what I have got already...