Thread: Updating playcount with ipod and itunes

Updating playcount with ipod and itunes

I haven't heard about the playlist stuff things in itunes which contains entire music which I haven't listened to yet. However, I listen to my ipod so many times and was wondering if there was any method that my playcount on itunes could be updated according to what I listen on my iPod and also what I play on my Laptop.

One of my friend using a 5th gen iPod and told me that the itunes playcount is always getting updated when he connected in his ipod. Some helpful information regarding this ? Thanks

Re: Updating playcount with ipod and itunes

Hey, There are so many users always asking about this situation but unfortunately, There is no such proper answers on the internet. Every time, you use iPod to listen the songs , this will add that to the play count for future time. You always sync your iPod with iTunes. The song has to play completely though. You are unable to skip to another song at any point of time during the song is getting played by iTune or it would not register.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

According to me, There is one of the fix for such issue , I am using last.fm and itunes scrobbler and when I got ready to sync my iPod the play count moves into my last.fm account play count, There is a script which grabs your play count from last.fm and keeps it into the itunes play count, Anyone, who have used it before ?

I need to know if this performs well and if any harm can be recovered. I don't need to mess with my seven month play count since I begins using itunes, but my last.fm account is created previously since the days I used windows media or media monkey players..

Updating playcount with ipod and itunes

I have created a small and easy script to modify a song's playcount. Sometimes you might got to minimum quality song and several times on your iPod, decide to re-rip this with very good quality, and replace the previous copy with the latest one. I personally love to "transfer" the playcount to the latest copy of the previous song. Please use this script and would be helpful for you to edit the playcount .
    Code:
    Dim iTnApp, cTrck, NPlayCount
    Dim pmt, title, defVal

Set iTnApp = WScript.CreateObject("iTunes.Application")
    Set cTrck = iTnApp.CTrck

pmt = "New playcount:"
    title = cTrck.Artist & " - " & cTrck.Name
    defVal = cTrck.PlayedCount

nPlayCount = InputBox (pmt, title, defVal)

If IsNumeric(nPlayCount) Then
    	If nPlayCount >= 0 Then 
    		If Len(nPlayCount) > 0 Then
    			cTrck.PlayedCount = nPlayCount
    		End If
    	End If
    End If

Thanks to all who replied me and you know, I tried everything but didn't find what I need. This is new and last post above suggested by Techno01 is really looking so much complex.. I got this but how to implement this to update my playcount,this looking so complex to me..Please would you tell me something more about this ...

Sorry, I forgot you to post the procedure to implement it.Ohk, I am just telling you how to use it. You have to just Copy and paste the suggested script in the Notepad and the come to save it as SetPlayCount.vbs. Now, it's time to use this , play the song you need to modify in iTunes, make double click on the script file, issue new playcount into the inputbox. Completed ..

I have created this script for my own use and have checked it before on my own PC. As you can get from the listing. I am sure, it would be helpful for you..

Thanks for this brilliant script! That was very useful and helpful for me and I discussed about this with my friends they are also having same Device and got very good. It performs great for me!

Do you aware about the strategy to modify the "Date Added"? If I move a MP3 file with different version then the info for date added modifies. I have a playlist named as "Latest Songs" with my songs listed in the previous two months, in which I need not to edit songs to display. It would be a great property for this !