Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

Re: How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

[*]Now enter the required password and hit enter

What's the required password?

Quote Originally Posted by #1Longhorn View Post
    [*]

What's the required password?
    If you are getting the same iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone, then to fix this issue you have to make sure that you have SHSH blobs saved with Cydia or TinyUmbrella. You will need to downgrade iPhone or iPod Touch to iOS 3.1 version. This way you will be able to restore back the iphone properly and you wont get the itunes error any more.

Quote Originally Posted by Odalis View Post
    Follow the steps below and see if it helps in solving the problem :-
    • Connect the phone to the computer, press and hold the home and power button on the iphone.
    • Keep the buttons pressed till the phone restarts. Release the power button when the phone shows apple logo.
    • Download the required tools from the attachment and keep in the downloads folder.
    • Start the terminal and type the following command "sudo cp ~/Downloads/Tools/libusb-0.1.4.dylib /usr/local/lib" and hit enter.
    • Now enter the required password and hit enter
    • Enter the following commands
      "~/Downloads/Tools/./iRecovery -s" hit enter
      "setenv auto-boot true"
      "saveenv"
    • After entering all the commands, press and hold the power and home button to boot the phone.
    • Once the Apple logo is visible, you can activate and sync the phone with the computer.
    Anything for PC? Thanks!

I am using windows 7. what is the process to activate my iphone. the error 1015 sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by azar_engg View Post
    I am using windows 7. what is the process to activate my iphone. the error 1015 sucks.
    I think you should try the steps mentioned earlier in this thread. One there is manual and second there is a Fix attached with the post. Just just checkout these:
    How to Fix iTunes error 1015 after firmware upgrade on iPhone?

Please help, when I get error 1015 on itunes after a restore I am not even able to get the phone to turn on so step one doesn't apply to me.
    Any help is really appreciated.
    The trouble is no light comes up on the phone at all it is always black no matter what I do it only beeps and Itunes shows it is in recovery E1015 shows once only after the restore is completed.
    Last edited by system232; 05-09-2011 at 10:28 PM.

Follow the steps given below to fix the error 1015 issue:
    1. First of all put iPhone on DFU mode (YouTube - How To: iPhone DFU Mode).
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. You will recive message, that your iphone is in recovery mode.
    4. After that press Shift + restore, pick 4.1 firmware (you can Download iOS Firmware from getios.com).
    5. Wait for restore, then will be error 1015.
    6. Your iPhone will in Recovery Mode, download Tinyumbrella (Go to the thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com) and kick out from recovery mode.
    7. Then put again to DFU mode, restore with 4.2.1 and your problem will be resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by addis View Post
    Follow the steps given below to fix the error 1015 issue:
    1. First of all put iPhone on DFU mode (YouTube - How To: iPhone DFU Mode).
    2. Open iTunes.
    3. You will recive message, that your iphone is in recovery mode.
    4. After that press Shift + restore, pick 4.1 firmware (you can Download iOS Firmware from getios.com).
    5. Wait for restore, then will be error 1015.
    6. Your iPhone will in Recovery Mode, download Tinyumbrella (Go to the thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com) and kick out from recovery mode.
    7. Then put again to DFU mode, restore with 4.2.1 and your problem will be resolved.
    Thanks for your info,
    everything works as you described it except when you get to tinyumbrella it won't see the iphone so I am not able to kick out from recovery mode very strange. Although Itunes would say the Iphone is in recovery mode.
    DO you have any other idea for me.
    Thanks again!

You just need to use tiny umbrella's "exit recovery" button. Or else follow another method mentioned below:

• First download this old quickpwn from here.
    • Try to restore one more time. Get the error one more time, close itunes.
    • Open quickpwn and do what it says (hold home button \ sleep wake button for 15 secs etc.)
    • After the apple logo appears, press ok to the box after you see the logo (not before).
    • A blue box might appear after the first one, just press ok.
    • Iphone should now boot normally. once its on your lock screen close quickpwn (not needed anymore unless you want to downgrade again).

Hi,
    can someone tells me if I can save SHSH files with Ifaith? Iphone 3gs with 4.3.3, Tyny Umbrella and Cydia didn't save them not available.
    Thanks for the help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by system232 View Post
    Hi,
    can someone tells me if I can save SHSH files with Ifaith? Iphone 3gs with 4.3.3, Tyny Umbrella and Cydia didn't save them not available.
    Thanks for the help in advance.
    I think that iFaith can be used to save SHSH files, that helps you to downgrade your device to an older version of iOS, even if Apple stops signing it. After downloading, open the program and select Dump SHSH blobs. In the next step, iFaith shows a little information. Just click Proceed and once again hit on Lets Go. Now follow the instructions as said in the iFaith window.

Quote Originally Posted by super cop View Post
    I think that iFaith can be used to save SHSH files, that helps you to downgrade your device to an older version of iOS, even if Apple stops signing it. After downloading, open the program and select Dump SHSH blobs. In the next step, iFaith shows a little information. Just click Proceed and once again hit on Lets Go. Now follow the instructions as said in the iFaith window.
    Thanks for your reply, does the phone have to be unlocked if I dumb SHSH using the Ifaith. Also would the firmware remains original or there will be anything installed on the phone. I want to keep the apple firmware on the phone and don't want to mess it up.

Thanks again,

Thanks for your reply, does the phone have to be unlocked if I dumb SHSH using the Ifaith. Also would the firmware remains original or there will be anything installed on the phone. I want to keep the apple firmware on the phone and don't want to mess it up.
    So your iphone is locked? Did you buy it in a contract with some service provider that you are using? And there is no need to worry as the firmware will remain original as it is when you install it, or even if it isnt you can always upgrade it to the latest. Just to get rid of this error code this steps are required or another thing is to stay down by spending cash for a repair of the iphone.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

The phone is not on contract and I am trying to unlock it but I am unable to even go to DFU mode.
    This is weird I have 3gs 4.3.3 and I am using redsn0w but can't do the DFU.
    I installed Cydia from jailbreakme.com but still unable to unlock as I have to install bb 06.15 and I am back to square one can't go DFU to install the bb.
    Please help and thank you very much in advance.

The phone is not on contract and I am trying to unlock it but I am unable to even go to DFU mode.
    This is weird I have 3gs 4.3.3 and I am using redsn0w but can't do the DFU.
    I installed Cydia from jailbreakme.com but still unable to unlock as I have to install bb 06.15 and I am back to square one can't go DFU to install the bb.
    Please help and thank you very much in advance.
    Can you try to download RecBoot 1.0.2 that could solve the issue for you hopefully:
    1. Download RecBoot 1.0.2
    2. Run "RecBoot Exit Only"
    3. Click the "Exit Recovery Mode" button
    4. The screen on the iPhone will go black. At this point, UNPLUG the iPhone. (before it starts back up)
    5. It will boot up correctly after finishing the firmware install.
    6. Now plug your iPhone back in and complete a normal restore.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast