Thread: How to change MAC Address of my Airport card

How to change MAC Address of my Airport card

I own a Macbook pro with an Airport card. All I want to know is about changing the mac Address of the Airport card. please help me out I want to make it change so that I can join a wireless network. Do help me out so that I can perform the task that I want to. I have no idea about the same. My system is been loaded with Mac Os X.

Re: How to change MAC Address of my Airport card

I do not think that it is possible to perform the action that you are looking out for. This is because the address is been embedded into the chip and it is not possible to wipe it off and change the same. So there is no way through which you can make the things to work out. Still if you need to know about it you can contact the Apple support for the same.

There is a way through which you can make the desired change and work out well for the same. So all you need to do is to folow the steps as given below:

• Install the developer tool from Apple site.
    • Then install the relpath from the bootstrap_cmds project
    • Then you need to install Libstreams project
    • Now you need to unfold the cc tools project
    • Make all in libstuff directory
    • Then you need to add up al in misc directory and install seg_gack.New as /usr/local/bin/seg_hack,
    • Make macos in the libmacho directory and install otmp_obj/libmacho_static.a in /usr/local/lib,
    • Now make kld_build in ld directory and install static_kld/libkld.a in /usr/local/lib.
    • You need to build kextsymboltool from the kext_tools project and install in /usr/local/bin.
    • Pull in headers from the IOKitUser project and cctools.
    • Then build the xnu project with the patches of your choice below, the proper options in bsd/conf/MASTER, and the directions in the README supplied by Apple in the xnu tarball.
    • Try to install your new kernel at /mach_kernel.
    • Restart

There are many drivers that allow you to change the Mac address of the same. So do check out for the issue and make certain implements accordingly. This will surely let you to get to a perfect solution and perform as needed. Hence do look out and then get to a conclusion. You can thus perform well and get the wireless network to be established.

You can perform the task well by using the the ifconfig command in the the Terminal. This is well used to change the address and you can perform the thing that you need to. Just start the program and then replace the address to a new one. There you can then establish the new address and hence make the wireless network to be set up.

Although the Address is been burned on the chip so it makes very difficult to change the Mac address but still following the post no 3 solution you can perform the act. Try it out. You may get the things to be modified and hence you can then make use of wireless network connection that you need to set up.