Thread: Startup Issues on Macbook Pro

Startup Issues on Macbook Pro

I have an Apple Macbook Pro and it is been installed with Mac OS X. The problem is when I start the system the fan starts to work but there is nothing on screen. I get a totally black screen. Please help. Also there is no startup sound also. I do not know what could have caused this. Hope to get a better solution so that I can work out well.

Re: Startup Issues on Macbook Pro

Try resetting the SMC, PRAM. I hope this may help you out well in making the things to work out well for you. It is necessary and essential that you do perform the task and make it work well. This is essential and hence you may also be able to work well for the same. So do check out and make certain amendments to perform.

There is a way through which you can sort the issue well and make the system to work fine. All you need to do is to follow the steps as mentioned below:

• First you need to remove both RAM dimms
    • Now install one of the dimms in bottom slot
    • Run the Apple hardware test.
    • If the test fails then the slot is bead and if it passes its good
    • Move the installed dimm from bottom to top slot
    • So get the issue well sorted by looking whether you get failure or no from step 4

You can make the change well by reinstalling the operating system using a fresh copy. So make a clean install and then perform accordingly. I hope this will help you out well for the same. So do check and make the possible implementation. It could be that the system is been appended with issue and that has caused you to work in that way.

You need to install to install an EFI update or run an EFI restore. They are better and will help you out well for sorting the issue that you may be facing. So get the thing from Apple support official site. This will let you to get to a better and good solution. So do check and make possible changes. This should work out well for you.

I feel the issue is with the video card that is been installed to the system. SO you need to check out for it. Look whether there is no problem with the card as it may be worn out and hence you are getting a black screen. service the same with by taking it to the Apple care and the issue you are facing will sorted soon.