Thread: Macbook Pro Screen has blurred lines

Macbook Pro Screen has blurred lines

I have been using Mac systems for a while now and have never faced such problems with it before. I am having a Macbook Pro which is installed with Mac OS X snow leopard. I installed the World of Warcraft game on the Macbook which worked absolutely fine for few days but now the screen of Macbook Pro shows all the blurry lines while playing. The blurred screen is not only while gaming but also while using the computer normally. Is this some hardware issue? Why does my Macbook Pro Screen has blurred lines? Please help.

Re: Macbook Pro Screen has blurred lines

Check the display drivers which are installed on the Macbook pro. For all the devices to work properly on the Macbook, appropriate drivers for the device are to be installed on the computer. Also check the video configuration of the Macbook and do the necessary changes if required. If changing the video configuration does not help, then update the display drivers and check the performance.

In the new Intel powered Macbooks, all the lower level functions in the Macbooks are controlled by the SMC. The SMC may face some problems due to residual charge storage and hence SMC reset is necessary. To reset the SMC of the Macbook, shut down the Macbook and remove the battery. Press and hold the power button for about 45 seconds. Replace the battery and then check if the display problem is resolved or not.

The graphics configuration of the game must be conflicting with the video configuration of the Macbook due to which the screen is displaying blurred lines. Open the in game options for videos and set all the options to low. Save the settings and run the game. Check if the display of the Macbook still displays blurred while running the game. Hopefully changing the ingame video option will solve the problem.

Thanks for replying to post really fast. I checked all the video configurations for the Macbook and did the necessary changes but still there is no improvement. Also I changed the ingame graphics option to low settings but still the Macbook displays blurred lines while playing. Is there any alternate solution?

The graphics processor unit on the logicboard must be having some problems due to which the screen is displaying blurred lines. If the Macbook is under warranty then take it to the nearest service center and get it checked. I think you will have to replace the GPU on the logicboard for solving the problem. Once the GPU is replaced you will not face the same problem.

As suggested I took the Macbook to the nearest Apple service center and got it checked. The graphics chip on the logic board was faulty and was replaced as the Macbook was under warranty. After changing the graphics chip on the logic board, the Macbook does not gives the blurred lines.