Thread: MacBook and FireWire Audio issues

MacBook and FireWire Audio issues

Recently i purchased a Apple's updated 13-inch MacBook, change is called MacBook Pro, because the Firewire 800 interface is back, but the ExpressCard I do not have it, I feel like RME and Echo issues. Even tried several times like this. Play audio has no sound. I think it might be the reason of conflict with the integrated sound card in the device manager. Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: MacBook and FireWire Audio issues

Apple has always been known for fickle, the first generation MacBook Pro, they did not fire lines 800 (only FireWire 400), said that the future trend is ExpressCard, FireWire 800 is not suitable for high-speed large-capacity data transmission, results of the second generation MacBook Pro has quietly added a FireWire 800 to. Black Panda that they canceled the first version of MacBook FireWire 400 interface, USB 2.0 is the future, said the trend of the results updated MacBook (that is, change is called the new MacBook Pro 13-inch MacBook Pro) again to add the FireWire 800.

I suggest you visit the official Web site of the next latest drivers. Then, install the driver first, and then insert the sound card, the computer will determine the driver after the copy to the system32 to go (this step is correct). I can not shield the other a solo sound card, or will be occupied xp, can not use the high sampling rate, which also shows the other sound card should be no need for shielding. Finally, do not use the usb adapter, because after all, different data models, uncertainty is almost hundred percent of. Particularly in dealing with audio data traffic a lot. Of course, if you particularly like to add in some random audio clips blasting sound, and has been crash love lost works, it all is another matter.

Apple WWDC on the updated line of notebook, the biggest change is the change before the 13-inch MacBook called MacBook Pro, because the FireWire 800 has re-possessed, the other a good hour of all MacBook Pro laptops have joined the SD card reader , but the bad news is that SD card reader replaced the previous ExpressCard. Means that if you want to use RME, Echo's ExpressCard sound card, or the UAD-2's ExpressCard DSP card, it can only select 17-inch MacBook Pro, MacBook Pro product line for all the years it retained only the ExpressCard slot.

This means that if you want to use FireWire audio interface, you have to buy expensive and heavy MacBook Pro, but also to buy a FireWire 400 adapter 800 to switch. Although the official MOTU has said will not use the adapter any impact on the performance, but also provide more stable power supply, but why do you use adapter? To know only one FireFace800 is 800 audio interface.

In addition to resist not to buy new books other than Apple, the best way is the Internet to vent their discontent, the next upgrade to Apple with the music people are our FireWire interfaces. As if the first generation MacBook Pro, PowerBook compared to the previous cancellation of the FireWire 800, FireWire 400 Apple's explanation is sufficient, the connection should be faster on the use of ExpressCard better.

I can use only control the sound-4dB less, make do test all of a sudden, the outcome of the dynamic in about 109dB, the actual dynamics certainly conceivable FW810S more than 110dB. Official data from the Lexicon of view, FW810S the A / D and D / A 110dB dynamic at all, than some of the audio interface confined to A / D or D / A good one aspect of the situation is different, so you sound quality from input to the output are guaranteed. Outstanding D / A sound quality is what FW810S built-in DSP processor can play all the advantages of a strong guarantee, or a good digital effects processing, the D / A output came out worse on uneconomical.