Thread: Not able to delete .DS_Store file from my desktop

Not able to delete .DS_Store file from my desktop

Hello. I have a desktop machine and it is been installed with Mac OS X. I have a seriously problem. The problem is that I have a file named .DS_Store file that is been place onto my desktop. I have no idea what could that file be so I have not opened it. I can drag the file to trash and delete it but after sometime it reappears. I do not know what to do? Please help.

Re: Not able to delete .DS_Store file from my desktop

The .DS_Store file is actually a file that stores information of the particular file. It should be appended to every local drive of your system If you are trying to get rid of the thing all you are doing is making a rest to settings of MAC OS X and then it will recreate a new file. So do look out for the issue and then make certain changes. Hope this should help you out well.

It is nothing but actualy a invisible file invisible file that is created by the finder, sort of like the thumbs.db. So you do not need to worry much about it. All you need to do is to now is open up the terminal in utilities and then type "defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles OFF. killall Finder " This will help you out to make the certain required change. So do look out.

There is another way through which you can make use of the thing. All you need to install an application that is TinkerTool which is used to edit the dock look. You can then be able to view all the hidden and system files. You can then make the necessary changes and perform the necessary act that you need. So do look out for the same.

You can try out the above solution. That would be very much appropriate. So look out and make the necessary change. If you are not able to work well with the thing you can sort the issue by taking the device to Apple store. They will help you out and service the same. Hence do check for the thing and work out essentially.

Its actually a hidden file and hence you need to need to worry about it any more. So you can just stay calm. All you need to do is to type defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles OFF. killall Finder as mentioned in post no 3. You will be able to get to work well with the thing and the file may then be able to removed. So check out.