Thread: Cleaning iMac Screen

Cleaning iMac Screen

Hi, am having a iMAC system at home which is now about 8 months old. Everything is working fine, but am here to know about cleaning its screen. Actually, i really dont want to make any scratch or something on the screen, hence dint even tried to clean it.

But it is now became cumpulsory because there is lots of dust sitting on the screen. So could you guys please suggest me some way or any product to clean the screen of my iMac ? Thanks for all your helps.

Re: Cleaning iMac Screen

Do not use isopropyl alcohol on the LCD exposed. Use only a damp lint-free soft cloth or a cleaning product suited to LCDs as the iKlear solution. And use a damp handkerchief or dry handkerchief. Dont forget putting a barrier on the keypad to prevent spots appear on the screen. So go ahead and be careful about the screen.

When i need to do so, i just use iClean. It allows you to preserve the exceptional quality of the display screen of your PowerBook, Apple flat panel display, iPod or digital camera. Unlike other glass cleaners, iClean does not introduced in the electronic components of your equipment. In addition, the solution iClean contains a special polymer that protects your screen, while reducing static electricity that attracts dust.

No matter how you are cleaning the screen but there are some task that you need to perform before starting the cleaning process.
    1. Disconnect the power cord from the wall socket or power port.
    2. Make sure to unplug all external devices connected to the system.
    3. Do not use glass cleaners or containing ammonia, chlorine or abrasive ingredients.
    4. Do not use towels or rags to dry rough plastic.
    5. Do not spray cleaner on your computer. The liquid could drip into the casing and cause electric shock or electrical malfunction.
    6. Do not use wet wipes for cleaning too.

I can confirm that there is an independent panel of LCD glass. This one is magnetised. It is also very thin. I myself use a sponge dedicated, very slightly damp and then I dry with a lint-free cloth and especially non-fat. You can try this but if your planning to go with iClean than that is much better. You will also get a cloth with the liquid to clean the screen.The formula without ammonia or alcohol iClean cleans your screen without damaging its protective coating. It removes dust, dirt and fingerprints, so that your screens are clean and bright as possible.

To remove dust from the screen using a soft, dry lint-free cloth, or the cleaning cloth that comes with the device. If necessary, moisten the cloth with water only and wipe the screen. Do not spray liquid directly on the screen. Dont forget to unplug the power cord and make sure the unit is off.