Thread: Export Contacts from Verizon LG VX8700 to iPhone ??

Export Contacts from Verizon LG VX8700 to iPhone ??

From last one year I am using a Verizon LG VX8700 mobile phone and I have got all the contacts listed in this phone only. But now recently I have purchased a new iPhone. Now I want to transfer all my contacts from my old LG mobile phone to my new iPhone. But I dont know the procedure on how to transfer all contacts. So somebody who might be knowing the steps to transfer contacts can give me step by step method on how to do that? Thanks

Re: Export Contacts from Verizon LG VX8700 to iPhone ??

First you have to install a PC suite of your Verizon LG VX8700 mobile phone on your computer and then sync all contacts with the Microsoft Outlook. After that you have to install a PC suite of your iPhone on your same computer then make your Microsoft Outlook sync with your iPhone. Then all contacts can be easily transferred to your iPhone.

Re: Export Contacts from Verizon LG VX8700 to iPhone ??

There are many application that you can use like the iSync program if you have a Mac. All you need to do is just open the program and go to devices > Add devices and then it will try to find that. If I remember correctly then you will also need to enable bluetooth on your phone first and make it discoverable. After that you will be able to import all your contacts from there and it will put them in the Address Book. Once you get your iPhone then you need to go to one of the settings tabs and ensure that it syncs over your contacts from Address book.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 21-05-2010 at 12:39 AM.

You can also try to use another program called BITPIM that can easily pull all the contacts from your LG VX8100 mobile phone. As per the BITPIM's phone features that are supported the VX8700 has also got the same feature support as the VX8100. By using this program you can connect it to the phone through the usb or bluetooth and the software will export the phonebook to a CSV file. After that you can copy this CSV file in your other phone.
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly