Thread: How to move iphone sync from pc to mac?

How to move iphone sync from pc to mac?

I have an iPhone 3G which I currently sync with a desktop computer which is installed with Windows XP on it. All the Outlook contacts from the computer are synced with the iPhone and now I want to buy a new iMac, so I will be syncing the iPhone with the iMac. Hence I want to know How to move iphone sync from pc to mac. If anybody has done such a task before then please share some information. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to move iphone sync from pc to mac?

There is no possible way in which the data on the iPhone can be saved while synchronizing the phone with some other computer. Whenever any apple product is synced with a particular computer, it gets paired with it. Hence if iPhone is to be synced with some other computer, all the data on the iPhone has to be erased first. So if you sync the iPhone with the iMac, it will erase all the data on the iPhone.

You can easily sync the iPhone which other computer without any problems. You will just have to install the latest version of the iTunes on the computer and connect the phone to the computer. The iTunes will detect iPhone and will take you to the synchronizing Windows. Choose the option which says "Erase and sync the iPod" and let the procedure complete.

There are some applications available which can be used to take the necessary backup for all the data which is important on the iPhone. If you sync the iPhone with some other computer, all the data on the iPhone will be lost and hence to save the important contacts and media files, make use of the data recovery application on the iPhone.