Thread: Does the IPad play Apple TV video?

Does the IPad play Apple TV video?

Do you all have any idea about this operation or anyone have done it before, I find myself impossible to do it but I need to know your suggestion .Does the iPad play Apple TV video? I have started the operation for the trial purpose to have with two separate copies. If you all have any suggestion regarding this then please let me know ???

Re: Does the IPad play Apple TV video?

Yeah ! It can be done as you are thinking about,In case of just Itunes the yes it can be possible but I haven't tried it before..

And also one more thing that it is based on the bitrate. Apple TV, According to me moves at 2x the bitrate, so you can very well require to re-encode few video and have two different copies of the files. As I stated above that I haven't tried it before but according to my use of the device, it can be done but you need to try this once ..
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The iPhone 3GS that has been released with the latest firmware and just happened these things in September, I don't really remember the proper version particularly was the first time any personal device is able to play Handbrake's Apple TV video.

The iPad will be much more capability so if you have encoded your stored videos with that and you should be well. I figured out the issue and got a directory having large space of 720p MKV's is in the queue for the encoding procedure . When it comes into the market then we will find out the good configuration to max it for iPad and Apple TV.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

what type of video will play on ipad

After getting this thread in the discussion about the iPhone support for the video file, I need to know known supportive files for the devices . Will you only be able to play the default supporting video format of the ipod/iphone or will can be possible to play the videos from outside and is not the default supporting video format and download from the internet ?

iPad Supported Video Formats

iPad compatible TV Formats

Compatible for 1024 by 768 pixels with Dock Connector to VGA Adapter.
    576p and 480p with Apple Component AV Cable;
    576i and 480i with Apple Composite AV Cable

iPad Compatible Video Formats

* H.264 video (up to 720pixels , 30 frames per second; Primary profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio more than 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats)
    * MPEG-4 video (More than 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480p, 30 frames per second, easy profile level with AAC-LC audio more than 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file type).
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

I have downloaded the latest Handbreak but I got only that are as follows :

1- Universal
    2- iPad
    3- iPhone/iTouch
    4- Apple TV

Someone here can suggest me Something about this ? Thanks for the any information on Handbrake in advance!

Hello,
    What do you want to know about ? The iPad is capable to play every format that the Apple TV will, so In such scenario, you could use that preset.Can you tell, What is the size of your main files?

FYI, I converted my entire DVD's with the help of "Universal" preset. This provides me the DVD Resolution and Dolby Digital on my aTV and syncs to my iPhone. They are similar to the quality of the standard def videos in the iTunes store. If you are running with the HiDef sources suggested as 720p and 1080p then in this case, you may have to begin with the universal preset and trick it from there.