Thread: Connecting Wii to a DVI-D monitor?

Connecting Wii to a DVI-D monitor?

I have a Nintendo Wii - by means of the AV cables supplied by Nintendo. How to attach to HDTV or a DVI ported monitor? Well it’s a HD competent monitor it has HDMI. Stay here is the link. Component is the most excellent you be able to get with the Wii simple as that. The Wii looks horrible on HDTV sadly. Yes looks similar to component is the merely obtainable connector additional that RCA. The Wii does not do HD, it merely displays in 480 so I do not believe they are bothering with HDMI cables for it.

Re: Connecting Wii to a DVI-D monitor?

You are HDTV be supposed to have component cable acquaintances on it, excavation did and it's not even an actually big name brand. On the other hand if you do not have component connectors then yes that would work. Excavation plugged in via component video (red/green/blue) cables. It's presently a cheapo aftermarket one I got at Walmart that's a worldwide cable for additional consoles.

I have merely heard 'rumors' regarding this and that was from my partner. So your presume is as superior as excavation here. According to the grapevine yes it is in the creating. Cannot be certain although and do not be familiar with when. Grab yourself something similar to this and three phono couplers or just a straight Composite > DVI conversion box/connector and it determine to run extremely well (Progressive scan merely).

I have in addition associated the audio outputs from the wii, via couplers, into PC speakers. On the other hand, even though I am getting sound, I am not getting an image on the monitor. I was up actually late last night trying to get it to run be able to anyone help me out with this as to what I have done wrong. Do I necessitate modifying any settings on the wii. I do not frequently attach it to my TV with the component leads, it attach with the scart/rgb. I actually need to get the monitor correlation working. Any help would be actually appreciated. I have attached the wii to my monitor similar to this: Component out of the Wii into couplers, where I have associated this cable: 5m-component-dvi - 5m section to Dvi Cable - and then connected to the monitor.

I do not desire to sound picky but accurately the similar query has been posted unswervingly below this thread. It does not even necessitate a search doing. I am innovative at this and determine to create certain I do a search/check the forum previous to posting in the future thanks in addition for the link, even though I do not believe that determine to solve the trouble of linking the wii unswervingly to my monitor. It is a Samsung Syncmaster 940 with DVI-D in socket. I purchased the entire the leads, but got one with a DVI-I cable.Have been hunting the internet to find an explanation, but maintain getting nowhere.

A UK wii gives out amalgamated, scart RGB and component (480i, 480p, 576i). So a monitor with the on top of connections would positively work. Even though that’s a lot of connections so I am astonished it has not got a tuner as well meaning you would necessitate a license. If you have a previous TV with merely an analogue tuner and you are in a switched off area and do not have a freeview tuner attached of several kind you do not necessitate a TV license. Numerous superior CRT sets go free on free cycle so you be able to always pick one of those up and utilize it with the wii if your area is digital merely.

What specific characteristic be supposed to I look out for in a monitor if I necessitate to attach it to WII. I am planning to purchase an innovative one and wanted to know how to locate the cheapest >19" monitor that would be of utilize. It looks similar to my area might necessitate a license even if I utilize an old TV. Most monitors merely have VGA and DVI. Some monitors recognize component video via a VGA adapter. You might utilize one of those with the wii but you would merely be capable to utilize it for progressive output games. What you are actually asking for is a monitor with some aspects of the functionality of a customary TV, i.e. a scart input or component sockets. They are obtainable but moderately rare. If you get a monitor with component sockets it must be companionable with together 480i/576i as well as 480p to be fully compatible with the entire video output of the wii. The bottom end price 19" monitors do not have this functionality.