Thread: Factory Unlocked iPhone Question

Factory Unlocked iPhone Question

I am from India and thoughts of buying an iphone 3Gs in Hong Kong since it is factory unlocked (not sim unlocked ) the value is greater but that is not the issue .. Do i need to attach it to itunes store for activation over there before I bring it back?? or it will work in India on any sim card? Or do apple lock the phone one time it is connected to itunes here ? Please suggest.

I have been look for this answer quite earlier than it was launched in India. After look sufficient for that I have find to the close that nearby are two types of undo people meant. First you need to check this.
    1. Jailbreak (Allow Customization/ 3rd Party Software) .
    2. Unlock (Using unofficial apple carrier Other than Ai tel / Vodafone)

I assume that you destined the 2nd one. However there is profusion of paid software available for unlock iPhone 3G. But I have hesitation whether they are working or not. Check that and reply.

You need to updated the software version on the existing iPhone 3GS from 3.0 to 3.0.1 – that Plugin your iPhone to the processor which have iTunes. iTunes would notice the iPhone and would tell you that present is a new version of software available and if you would like to improve. Then upgrade you. The next one is download the 3.0 IPSW file, 3.0.0 (3GS): iPhone2,1_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw and keep it to your desktop. Remember to download this with whichever FireFox or Chrome. Because Internet Explorer converts it to a zip file.

You need to use jail braking application like Winpone that working enormous on iPod, iTouch, iPhone 2g. They were practical on both jailbreak and release but in iPhone 3g they can only execute jailbreak so far. winpwn assure to release version 2.5 that can release iPhone 3g but till time is not possible. Maybe they are going to release winpwn 2.5 in current week.

I will suggest you to go for Quickpwn that keep on same as winpwn in usability but it is available for both Linux and windows. Also accessible in GUI and command line. But unable to Unlock iPhone 3g. Where Pwnage tool claim so as to it can jailbreak/unlock any iPod, iTouch, iPhone. But as i haven't experienced the tool that i can't say much about that. As it is a Mac OS support Software.

Re: Factory Unlocked iPhone Question

You need to unlock installer, and install the update if encouraged. Go to source and tap Edit and Add and add this URL: http : //i.unlock.no. After that Tap Done and next to Refresh and go to Install (at bottom) and scroll down to the Unlocking Tools category and install Any SIM . When installed you can press the home button, and you will put a new any SIM icon on your home screen. After that launch it and follow the instructions.

Re: Factory Unlocked iPhone Question

You have to up with it’s possess hack that, with the help of some free, open-source software, lets you release your iPhone in concerning an hour, free of charge. Underneath, I'll show you how it works - and it does work, since I've used this method to unlock my own phone. One important warning: Certain AT&T-only features, such as Visual Voicemail, will not work when you're linked to additional cellular networks.