Thread: Trouble creating ringtones on iTunes [error 11556]

Trouble creating ringtones on iTunes [error 11556]

Hello,
    I tried to create ringtones from my iTunes 8, but each time it tells me an unknown error 11556? And an inability to connect to Store while I'm connected to the store? If you are getting a same error then please let me know. Any help in this topic is appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Trouble creating ringtones on iTunes [error 11556]

Hello,
    I think I have solved this problem. The problem comes from the iTunes store. You must select the iTunes store from your local country. I tested one of the United States and it works. Too bad Apple does not list this error (well I did not found on the Apple site). It took me think a bit before finding the problem. Though I am not sure that this is will work for you. Just try to change the country and see if this works.

Hello,
    It is impossible to convert music purchased on iTunes Store ringtone for my iphone. When I am the manip the following message appears: itunes could not connect to itunes store, an unknown error occurred (error 11556). Of course my Internet connection works perfectly. If anyone has encountered this problem then please post back. Any help will help me. Thanks in advance.

Just follow these steps

- Take a song in iTunes and click on it right.
    - In the context menu that opens, you go to "Info".
    - Then on the "Options".
    - Under "Start Time" and "Stop Time" you need to decide the cut of the song that will later serve as a ringtone and 30 seconds must be less.
    - You click off the window with OK.
    - Then you click again on the right track and select "Create AAC Version".
    - This seems not in the menu, then you have to first change the settings.
    - To be with "Edit -> Preferences -> General - selected> Import Settings" must be "Import Using" AAC Encoder.

See if this works

Yes, the above steps are correct, If you see the ending does not work
    then turn off the option to hide extensions in Windows Explorer and follow this

- For this you go to "Tools -> Folder Options ... -> View" and notes, in "Advanced settings" the Check "Hide extension for known file types out". Then click OK.
    - Now make the extension. Aac see in the song file.
    - The best way to copy the file to your desktop and calls the extension to. M4r to.
    - Back in iTunes, you go to "File" and "Add File to Library ..." selects the newly created. m4r file and lo and behold, it appears under the category "Ringtones".
    - The next time you sync it on the iPhone and you can select it as a ringtone.

I tried to change the country my itunes store and pass on the U.S. but itunes says my account is limited to the France! I am forced to create a U.S. account?? or there's one other way to convert songs downloaded from itunes into a ringtone?? Thank you in advance!

I got an error 11556, can not I connect to iTunes and Apple Store or my PC let alone my Iphone. I read all the answers but nothing doing there. In restarting Itunes my PC since I went to Edit in the upper left then "preferences" and then in the " parental control "you uncheck everything and see you again you will begin your session, make Syncing your iPhone. In any case I saw, but I reinstalled the first applications by first but happy that everything works.