Thread: Syncing new iPad to old purchases??

Syncing new iPad to old purchases??

I have a small doubt regarding the iPad and the applications which are installed on it. I had bought the new iPad wifi version on the day of the release but it had some issues with the Wifi connectivity hence I returned it and ordered a iPad 3G version which will arrive in few days. On the wifi version of the iPad, I had installed some application which I had purchased but as I returned the iPad, I rolled it back on my iTunes. Now I am wondering if I can install the same applications on the new iPad or will I have to purchase the applications again? Any suggestions related to topic are welcome.

Re: Syncing new iPad to old purchases??

Yes you can definitely use the same applications on the new iPad. The application once bought can be used on any number of devices which you own. There is no need to buy separate copies of the application for all different devices, you own. You can still inquire about the same in the nearest apple store to be sure.

Thanks for clearing my doubt. I assumed that the applications which are bought for one iPad cannot be installed on the other iPad as it is possible that there could be more than one iPad in a family and it would be illegal to use the same application with single license on all the iPads but I think it is not the case and I am glad.

You will be able to use the same applications on different apple devices if you are using the same iTunes account to sync all the devices. All the applications which are available for the apple devices are to be bought once and can be used on any of the device without any problem. Purchasing the application or the song from the iTunes store is one on the same. The only condition which applies is that, a single iTunes account should be used to sync the devices.

Is it necessary to use same account for syncing all the devices for using the same application on all the devices? My wife has an iPod and iPhone which are synced with different iTunes account. So does this mean that she wont be able to use the applications which are downloaded using my iTunes account?