Thread: Replacing XBox 360 HDMI Drive

Replacing XBox 360 HDMI Drive

My Xbox 360 drives unsuccessful on me and was refusing to loads games. It might play DVDs extremely well but not the games. When a game was put in this picture came up; I have presently replaced the drive. I took the drive out the xbox and purchase exactly the similar create and model as I understand there are three dissimilar types. Drive is a Philips & Lite-On drive - Not certain which version or description of the Xbox is on the other hand it has the extra heat sink and it's HDMI. And yet the difficulty still persists. How to fix this problem.

Re: Replacing XBox 360 HDMI Drive

l have to plug that into a PC and work some programs to get the firmware off that drive, remove the key, plug the innovative one in, put the key in that firmware and then it determine to run. Which drive do you have. Right so every DVD drive for the xbox has a DVD drive key that determine to merely run in that xbox, pray to god that you reserved the additional one for the reason that you.

No I am certain that would not run, light on drives are solid to get flashed/read from. You require a tool, if it was several additional drive you might the majority almost unquestionably presently plug it into the mobo instantly and then utilize some tools. You be supposed to YouTube how to flash light on drive, that be supposed to give you supplementary of an insight. Make a note of I am not encouraging or teaching how to flash drive to play illegitimate games merely how to flash to get his drive to run with official games.

Yes if you explode it to a convention firmware but note this is against the law to do so you are not concerned. Regardless of which firmware you are irregular to you necessitate the DVD key situated on your innovative drive's firmware, which is why people say once you have extracted your original firmware, maintain it stored in every place probable And you are attractive certain that be able to you make available a image.

Presently the swap PCB's from the previous drive to the innovative drive and it be supposed to the entire be superior. Provided the drives are indistinguishable as you said. Yes Liteon it is, superior to you, presently remembered the probe is used to remove they key, but you determine to locate this out by google. It be supposed to be attractive straightfoward, the entire you necessitate is the probe thing and the right chipset, if you do not have that you be able to always purchase a pci sata card (with the via chipset) to attach it to, that be supposed to be cheap.

So you are trying to fix this 360 for this one guy off craigslist. Told you somebody else had tried running on it. Looks similar to a kid presently opened it up then detached the laser, the PCB, and the sata & power cable in the DVD drive. How a great deal is this thing worth in parts. Guy requirements to sell it to you to a certain extent then put it on ebay for parts. Shame it was gutted. You believe you might have fixed it. Any salvaging this w/o DVD drive. You be familiar with power brick & a/v cables be able to be worth at least $10-20.

You be able to obtain the additional model of the sink with the heatpipe (it fits), mod your fans to 12v (extremely simple but attractive thunderous), upgrade your fans or get the core cooler. The entire are attractive cheap and run well (you have used the entire of them excluding the talismoon fan substitutions). As said clearance is regarding 1Cm almost certainly less. You are not certain if you might fit an aftermarket cooler. Even if you had the CD-Drive in an additional place. Holes are almost certainly different for several customary PC bracket systems. Besides, you would similar to to contain it in the Xbox.