Thread: External Blu-Ray Burner for 27" iMac

External Blu-Ray Burner for 27" iMac

I am having the 27" iMac some months back. I am very fond of video songs and movies. I am looking for an external Blu-Ray Burner for iMac. But before going for that I want to take your advice for which Blu-Ray Burner should I go. I am hoping that someone from there will suggest me the latest and more compatible Blu-Ray Burner for iMac. Waiting for your replies.

Re: External Blu-Ray Burner for 27" iMac

You can go for Combo Blu-ray Pro 16x - USB 2.0 / FireWire - Silver
    DVD Recorders External Combo Blu-ray Pro 16x - USB 2.0 / FireWire - Silver. The following are some features that makes it attractive :
    • BD-ROM/DVD RW external burner
    • Elegance and Design
    • USB 2.0 and Firewire (cable included)
    • Watch high definition movies on Blu ray movies on your computer
    • Compatible with Windows 2000/XP/Vista and Mac OS X
    • Two years manufacturers warranty
    • Store up to 8.5 GB on a DVD Dual Layer
    • Perfect for DVD movies, MP3, Video CD
    • Burning Software DVD & CD included
    • Supports all types of DVD & CD (incl. DVD + /-RW, DVD-RAM)
    • Quick installation without opening your computer
    • Extremely fast multi-format burner

I would like to suggest you for Blu-Ray DVD Writer be08lu20 External - 8X - USB 2.0 - e-SATA.
    • Write Speed : 8x (BD-R SC), 2x (BD-RE SC & DC), 8x (BD-R CD), 16x (DVD ± R), 8x (DVD + RW), 6x (DVD-RW ), 16x (DVD-ROM), 4x (DVD ± R CD), 48x (CD-R), 48x (CD-RW).
    • Read Speed : 8x (BD-ROM SC / DC), 4.8x (BD-RE SC / DC), 16x (DVD-ROM), 40x (CD-ROM)
    • LightScribe (Resolution: 600 dpi, monochrome)

I think that the 'BUFFALO' is one good leading company in sale of an external Blu-Ray Burner. So you can go for that company having the model as Dvd blu-ray 6x External - USB 2.0. The features that described below are superb :
    • Watch your DVD quality closer to high definition thanks to the interpolation function CyberLink DVD
    • Following CyberLink Blu-rayTM Disc includes: PowerDirector, PowerProducer. PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerBackup, and InstandBurn MediaShow
    • Ideal for the protection of videos, photos and music
    • 2 year warranty

LG has unveiled its new discreetly Blu-ray format external slim. The LG inaugurates BP06LU10 market drives USB extraplat ideal to accompany a netbook or laptop. The external drive is making a backup solution for effective data but also multimedia functionality, because, like any writer, it also serves as a Blu-ray.

Compact and streamlined, the Blu-ray external BP06 LG only has a USB 2.0 connector that also serves food. In addition to Blu-ray BD-R and BD-RE single or double layer, the drive is compatible with most CD and DVD recordable and rewritable. In addition to a feature Blu-ray burner LG offers here MPT integrating burning CDs and DVDs at his camera.

Regarding ease of use, the LG BP06 embarks technologies Silent Jamless Play and Play which are expected to reduce operating noise in engraving and reading. Finally, the Blu-ray compatible LG Lightscribe, which allows you to print an image or text on the upper surface of discs. Readers Blu-ray Multi-media BP06LU10 LG should be marketed in the first quarter 2010 at a rate of around 200 euros, enough to give more value to low-cost netbooks.
    S.P.A.M=Stupid Posts And Message

Everything is compatible with Windows XP (SP2 or higher), Vista (32/64 Bit) and Windows 7 (32/64 bits) only. The suite of software CyberLink Blu-Ray is provided in the bundle, it consists of PowerDirector, PowerProducer, PowerDVD, Power2Go, PowerBackup, MediaShow and InstandBurn. Brand Buffalo announces a new model of Blu-Ray 6x external format "slim" in the reference BR-PX68U2 ED. It has as its main asset compactness, since listing the dimensions of 137 x 142 x 20mm and weighs 340 grams, which can be transported easily. It uses USB 2.0 and has therefore a USB Mini B connector on its back. It will of course comes with a cable to connect to any computer via a USB 2.0 standard.