Thread: BBC iPlayer - not work on iPhone?

BBC iPlayer - not work on iPhone?

I am having this problem from the last week. I have apple iphone 3gs mobile phone. I unable to play BBC iPlayer on my mobile phone. Last week I have installed BBC iPlayer on my mobile phone, but I unable to play any program from it. I don't know why BBC iPlayer - not work on iPhone? Anyone else having the same problem. Please help me to fix this problem.
    Thank you.

Re: BBC iPlayer - not work on iPhone?

To access the site, ensure that you have a wireless internet connection for your iPhone or iPod touch, then go to BBC iPlayer homepage. You do not need to download any additional software to Click to Play (stream) programmes, but you cannot download at present. Without wireless connection you will not able to access BBC iPlayer on your mobile phone.

You should ensure that your device has the latest operating system installed. If you are on software lower than 3.1, then it will not able to access BBC iPlayer from your mobile phone. It is essential that you update your iPod touch to the latest software or this will impact on your ability to use iPlayer. In this case just update your mobile phone and the try to access BBC iPlayer on your mobile phone.

If you don't have wi-fi connection on your mobile phone, then you will not able to access BBC iPlayer from your mobile phone. Please note that you will need to keep the wi-fi connection while playing a programme - for technical reasons streaming over 3G is not currently available for iPhone handsets on any mobile network. It means that mobile requires only WiFi connection to play program from the BBC iPlayer.

If you have problems with playback of programmes using an iPhone or iPod touch handset, please try any/all of the following:

Step 1: Empty the cache and history in your phone's browser and clear cookies (go to Settings -> Now go to Safari)
    Step 2: Ensure cookies are enabled (go to Settings -> Now go to Safari)

Use one of the following steps to fix this problem.
    1. Ensure javascript is turned on (Settings > Safari)
    2. Ensure plug-ins are on (Settings > Safari)
    3. Try accessing mobile iPlayer on a different wi-fi network (to determine whether it's your wi-fi network that is at fault or not)

I also had the same problem, then I use following steps to get rid out of this problem. I think you also use this step to get rid out of this problem.
    If you have BBC iPlayer bookmarked in Safari or have it as a shortcut on your home screen, please delete that bookmark/shortcut and re-enter www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer into your browser