Thread: CAD on the iphone and touch

CAD on the iphone and touch

My uncle gifted me a cool new Apple iphone. I am from engineering background. I am looking for some CAD like application for mobile, so that can view solidworks models and drawings on my mobile phone. I search on the internet, but unable to find anyone. I want to asked is there any CAD for the iphone and touch available. Please give me information about it.
    Thank you.

Re: CAD on the iphone and touch

You have to use solidworks site to get CAD on the iphone and touch. Use following steps to get this.
    1. Go to labs.solidworks.com
    2. Select Drawings Now product.
    3. Select the Run button.
    Now we will detect if you are coming from an iPhone (or an iPod Touch) and give you an interface which is custom designed for this platform.

You have to use cadTouch R2 on your iphone. Now you will be able to import and export your drawings with native compatibility with any DXF file with lines and curves. Share your drawings with your desktop CAD solution, right from the palm of your hand. It has three new primitives: rectangles, center-radius curves and three point curves. To get this application go to itunes store.

Use iTracer application for your mobile phone. It is very easy to use and install. iTracer is a 3D modeling and rendering application for the iPhone. Build full 3D scenes and render high-quality images from any given view point. The rendered images can be sent in full quality PNG by an email attachment or saved to photos library as compressed JPG. You can also export the full 3D scene by email including all models, materials, lights and camera. The email attached 3DS file can then be imported into common desktop 3D modeling applications like 3D Studio Max and Maya.

Why don't you use CARTOMAP CAD for you apple iphone. A touch of precision for your DWG / DXF / CTM projects. CARTOMAP CAD makes your AutoCAD DWG and DXF and CARTOMAP CTM projects available in the palm of your hand and provides you with CAD tools at the touch of your finger. Transfer your AutoCAD DWG and DXF, and CTM files from your computer to your Apple device over WiFi using the CARTOMAP CommCenter.

Use one of the following CAD application for your iphone.
    1. solidworks
    2. cadTouch R2
    3. iTracer
    4. CARTOMAP CAD