Thread: iPhone 3G home button not working!

iPhone 3G home button not working!

If the situation ever occurred to someone then please help me.

I have dropped my precious land but I was sure nothing was broken. Mechanically, it is the case, but the main button "Home" has not operated since. Worse still, some problems appear from time to time. has anyone faced this kind of issue ever before. I would appreciate any sort of help in this matter.

Re: iPhone 3G home button not working!

Sounds like dusts and rusts are preventing contacts to do their job or the data connector is down. The solution is to either clean between the two, either change the data connector. To see if the Data Connector is simple, do a manual contact with eg a small screwdriver between the two contacts of the Data Connector, while having the iPhone on, check the Home button functionality is effective on him or not.
    Last edited by Gonzo; 18-05-2010 at 11:19 PM.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

The Home button of the iPhone is composed of two membranes of contact, a tablecloth and two contact springs.

Either of the two membranes of contacts are broken. This room is not necessary for the proper functioning of the process of Home button.

if it breaks, it is not pretty that's all, it can be scratched or lost a bracket. The change is purely an aesthetic need.

Most probably this error has occurred because your iphone fell on the ground so i would suggest you to get your iphone checked by the Iphone hence it would be better if you try to get your mobile checked by the mobile expert in the apple store nearby your place. They should definitely solve your problem. Hope this will help you.

This piece the "Home button" actually contains three pieces. The sheet with copper filaments inside. A membrane stuck on top. and two contact springs. What can break here is very varied. Either the membrane folds, which makes the iPhone believes that all the time you press the button. which prevents the sending of information to the motherboard of the iPhone. Hence you need to get your Iphone to the nearest iPhone service center to get it repaired.

Try to drive in recovery mode. Warning, you will lose all data on this. Connects iPhone to your computer with iTunes running. Supports the Home button (center) and Power at the same time. Once the iPhone turns off (after about 10 seconds), release the power button while keeping the Home button pressed for 30 seconds (until iTunes detects your iPhone).

There are three possibilities in the failure of the Home button, so here are the details:

• A spring is broken (Replacement Home Button).
    • The membrane is folded button (Replacement Home Button).
    • Dust may have been gathered preventing contacts to do their job or the data connector is down..