Thread: Flash cards with the iphone - language learning

Flash cards with the iphone - language learning

I am having an iPhone not the 3g, and I want to use it for improving my language skills, I mean the language learning skills. Have you any idea for any link or the program that can be used with my iPhone.

One more thing I also want to know that whether 3G iPhone has more advantages compared to normal iPhone. I will be waiting for the related replies.

Re: Flash cards with the iphone - language learning

iStudy is a very simple program iPhone flashcard program that I use for the learning Mandarin and it is very much handy to use. You can use this while you are waiting in queue or you have free time to learn something.
    There are some pre-made flash cards set on the installer, for different IIRC. For making a set you just need to download a set and then change the questions.txt and then the answer.txt files for language you have chosen.

Probably you can find when the App store opens, many learning programs are available there. I am much interest in playing but to have educational application in your pocket is great. Well now for the advantages part, really I do not have any idea related to that. Because when I see both the model I find the same thing on both the iPhones.

Thank you very much for the reply, I will use iStudy for the time being and when the App store opens I will buy learning programs that can suit my requirements.
    Personally I do not play games most of the time; I prefer to have some good educational utilities on my iPhone. I am not having a super fast internet, but if I am able to do other things then it is good for me.

The iTranz Language matrix is a latest software application for the purpose of translating many popular phrases from one language to another language. The software takes maximum advantage of the Apple iPhone’s influential core operating system, audio or visual features, and touch-screen capabilities to enable two people who speak different languages for communicating with each other more effectively.

If anybody is interested in learning Spanish, then you can check out for the Spanish Sacks, that comprises or more then 1400 Spanish to English phrases. It also includes the context that is the tense related details. They are written by the professional Spanish authors and also include the phrases that will cover more than 14 topics.