Thread: How to learn about HTC Touch Pro2 software?

How to learn about HTC Touch Pro2 software?

I bought an HTC Touch Pro2 (Sprint) recently--my first "smart phone"--and I am thrilled! It has some fantastic features that I LOVE, and I'm eager to learn how to REALLY take advantage of all it has to offer.

My only complaint is that both the printed and online documentation seem to be somewhat lacking.

Do you have any recommendations on ways to learn about adding software to it? (Okay, I'll admit it... I miss Sudoku from my Palm Centro!)

A Google search for "HTC Touch Pro2 free apps" reveals LOTS of Windows Mobile programs, but how do I (a) determine which ones will run on MY phone, and (b) download and install them?

I'm not even sure which version of Windows I'm running. The Sprint store supposedly installed the latest version (6.5???)...

but when I go to Start > Settings > About Phone > Software information I see that I have "OS version 5.2.20121324.1." Surely that doesn't mean I'm running THAT old a version of Windows Mobile, does it?

Of course, it also shows that my browser is MSIE version 6.0, and I'm running version 8.0 on my desktop, so maybe I do need a serious update already...

Any help you can give me to get started on the right foot will be greatly appreciated!

~Steve R

Re: How to learn about HTC Touch Pro2 software?

HTC Touch pro2 usually comes with Windows mobile 6.5 but as you have mentioned that the operating system version installed on the phone is 5.2, you will have to get the operating system on the phone updated. Once the operating system on the phone is updated. Hence first get the operating system upgraded on the phone and then install the applications on the phone.