Thread: iPhone Won't Play Video Files (mp4)

iPhone Won't Play Video Files (mp4)

I have recently downloaded the Video file and then added that file to the iTunes. I will able to play that file on the iTunes, but if I try to use that converted mp4 file to the iPhone, I don't able to play that. I get the error message as below:
    movies cannot be transferred because iphone does not support that video format..
    What is the wrong with mp4 file. Why did that mp4 file is not working on iPhone? If you are having any solution for this, then give me that.

Re: iPhone Won't Play Video Files (mp4)

Follow the steps below:
    • You have to first import the Videos by clicking on the File and then Add to Library.
    • Now select the Video which you have imported from the Movies tab.
    • Now select the Advanced and then Create iPod/iPhone Version.
    • Done.

You have to use the Avex DVD to iPhone Video Suite which is having features as below:
    • Convert DVD, Tivo, MPEG, WMV, AVI, DivX/Xvid, RM, MOV videos, etc to iPhone MP4 video.
    • Built-in X!-Speed transcode technology. Up to 3x faster than conventional converter.
    • Fully optimized for Dual-Core, HyperThread Processors, SSE2/SSE/MMX/3DNow
    • Support H.264 and MPEG4 video in MP4 format used in Apple iPhone.
    • Adjustable video size for playback on iPhone and on TV screen as well.
    • Optimized settings for superb video playback on Video iPhone.
    • Support conversion in batch mode.

You can use any of the application below, convert the file and get solved for your problem:
    • Videora iPhone Converter
    • Xilisoft iPhone Video Converter
    • iPod/iPhone Version
    • iPhone Video Converter

iPhone will support for the following Video files format. So, just convert in any of that format and solve your problem:
    • H.264,
    • MPEG-4 in .mp4,
    • .mov,
    • .m4v formats and MP3,
    • protected AAC,
    • AAC,
    • Audible,
    • Apple lossless in .aac,
    • .mp3,
    • .m4a files.

Iphone won't play video files (mp4)

I have apple iphone which is 3 months old. Last day I got first season of "mad men" and I convert it to mp4 and added it to itunes. I able to play that video using itunes, but whenever I tried to send that video to iphone it said that "iphone does not support that video format". I don't know why Iphone won't play video files (mp4). Please help me to fix this problem.

Re: Iphone won't play video files (mp4)

The video has to be converted into the iPod/iPhone Version. You can do this in the following ways.
    1.First import the video into the iTunes. You can do this in the following ways.
    File -> Add to Library
    2.Select the video that you import.
    3.Now click on the Advanced -> now select iPod/iPhone Version.

Use following steps to send video to iphone.
    Step 1: Make sure you have updated your QuickTime software to version 7.0.3 or later. If you don't have QuickTime 7.0.3 installed, get it now.

Step 2:Open QuickTime 7 Pro. If you don't have it, get QuickTime 7 Pro today.

Step 3:Choose "Open File..." from the File menu.

Step 4:Choose "Export..." from the File menu.

Step 5:Choose "Movie to iPod (320x240)" from the export drop down list and click the Save button.

Step 6:To get the movie onto your iPod, launch iTunes 6 (or later). If you do not have it, download iTunes now.

Step 7: Drag your new movie file into your iTunes library in the folder or playlist of your choosing.

Step 8:Attach your iPod to your computer and synch the iPod with iTunes. For detailed synching instructions, see the iPod tutorial. To play the movie on your iPod, select "Videos" then "Movies" from the iPod Main Menu. Movies will be listed here alphabetically. Click on the desired movie to play.

Try to restart your iphone. You can do this in the following ways.
    To restart iPhone, first turn iPhone off by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until a red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider and iPhone will turn off after a few moments. Next, turn iPhone on by pressing and holding the Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

First try to verify that your device is syncing and playing movies that have been properly converted, follow these steps:

1. Download this iPod-compatible sample movie: sample_iPod.m4v (right-click or Control-click the link and save it to your desktop). You may need to unzip this file if it is not automatically handled by your web browser. On Windows XP, right-click the downloaded zip archive and choose Extract All.
    2. Open iTunes and add the sample movie "sample_iPod.m4v" to your Library from the File menu. Note: The file may also appear as simply "sample_iPod".
    3. Connect your device and sync the pre-encoded sample movie to it.
    4. Eject your device in iTunes and verify that the "sample_iPod" movie plays correctly.

Have you try to restore your iphone, if not then try to restart your iphone. To restore your iPhone, first make sure you are using the latest version of iTunes.
    Next, connect iPhone. In the left column under Devices, click on your iPhone, then click on Restore in the Summary tab.
    Now you will not get any problem.

You can use the Leawo Mac Video Converter 1.3.1.1 from Apple. Makes your every video conversion possible, including MP4, AVI, MKV, VOB, 3GP, 3G2, MOV, M4V, MPEG, WMV, etc. This Mac video converter also supports to convert videos to audios in formats like MP3, AAC, WMA, WAV, etc. Besides, this Mac video converter software lets us set video brightness, contrast, saturation, and crop video, trim video, watermark video, and even merge multiple files into one.

Key Features:
    - Convert videos among all popular formats.
    - Many more features.

Hello, you just need to make use of the any of the software converter which will simply solve your problem in this case. If you simply convert the video file to the supported format for the iPhone then you will abel to play that file on the iPhone without any problem. So, just make use of that and then you will able to get solved for your problem. Just do that and solve your problem. Just convert that file.