Thread: iPhone won't turn on after deep discharge

iPhone won't turn on after deep discharge

While i was travelling from my office to my home i kept my iphone in my pockets and when i removed after half an hour from my pocket. It was turned off i though that it was the Iphone's battery which would have been low and that's why the Iphone must have shut down on its own.But when i tried turning iphone on but it won't. Anybody aware what's the case. i would appreciate your help.

Re: iPhone won't turn on after deep discharge

Whatever the reason you must put your iPhone in DFU mode to do so, you must open iTunes, turn off and unplug your iPhone from the PC.

Once this is done connect your iPhone on the PC, the gray apple Apple will then be displayed on the phone, at this time hold down HOME + POWER for 10sec. (After 6sec should turn off your phone, keep it still 4sec!).

Once finished 10sec, release POWER and keep HOME press time until iTunes detects your iPhone that will be recognized by your computer in DFU mode!
    Last edited by Pugsly; 18-05-2010 at 03:49 AM.

Did you tried to push the power button if it is not working precisely then the remaining option is to reset the device atleast you can achieve this bu simply holding the top button simultaneously with the home buttons for a few seconds.

I have personally faced this issue and got it fixed this way only. All the best
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

This situation clearly indicates that it is a battery problem and hence it needs to be replaced. So i would suggest you to check it with another Iphone. If the battery is not properly working i would advice you to get this device to the nearest service station and ask the personnel there to get this problem solved. You will get the same within few hours.

Try rushing to the nearest apple store and get this problem cleared by the professional. Since you have purchased it within a year it appears to be still in the warranty period. This is the best solution to get rid of this problem. Your problem will definitely get solved by the apple mobile experts. Only you will have wait for a long time.

Perform the below mentioned steps
    • Open iTunes and iPhone, connect to your Mac or PC.
    • Press and hold the Home button and Sleep / Wake at the same time.
    • After exactly 10 seconds left to push the Sleep / Wake but continue pressing the home button until you see a message saying that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

I do not know what you all take a hack but you will eventually burn out iphone. In short, with iTunes 7.5 you can reset the iphone. You simply need to connect your phone to the PC and follow some simple steps to reset the phone. Hope this helps you to get the ipnone working back again. Hope this helps