Thread: Use iPhone as Webcam

Use iPhone as Webcam

Hey guys,, i just need a little tip from you guys regarding Apple iPhone. Today i saw man using his iPhone 3G as a Webcam on his system, when i visited my friends office. I was not able to find out more, how he did and on which operating system. It was really impressive.

So do you guys have any idea to do so ? I am a Windows Vista user and having a iPhone 3g as well. Could you guys please make me know how to do that ? Thanks in advance for your helps !

Re: Use iPhone as Webcam

Yes, thats true. You can use your iPhone 3g as a wireless webcam and use it to stream videos over Wi-Fi on iChat, Photo Booth, Skype or any Mac video application. Before doing this you need to install and application named iPhonecam . But remember, you can use iphone webcam only with MAC OS and not windows.

This is the kind of application which can be useful for those who have no webcam on hand but who suddenly need to share a nice time with friends. Another incredible thing is that does not require any installation or drivers. Simply bring your phone with a Mac iPhoneCam and this takes care to recognize and automatically connect to the iPhone. The video quality is 30 frames per second and the developers plan to release the first version in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Yes, thats true. But remember, you can use iphone webcam only with MAC OS and not windows.
    Well, it is possible to use it on Windows as well . Here is how you can do that:

• First of all Install. NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1.
    • Now before rebooting the system you need to install an application called as PocketCamSetup.
    • Once installed the application, it will ask you for Reboot. Click yes.
    • Set Camera "PocketCam for iPhone"
    • Thats it

Here is a new way to use your device as a webcam. just follow the simple steps:
    • The VNC server for the iphone is veency and downloaded from cydia
    • Install veency and reset the springboard.
    • Open the VNC on your PC and put the ip address of our WI-FI and ready iphone can view and manage our iphone from the pc.
    • Open the SoftCam and put the switch to live and I see a box with which you will see what you are taking.
    • Now execute the camera on the iphone and you will see the VNC window that appears.
    • SoftCam will be located on the VNC and you are ready to go now.

As it is now possible thanks to iPhoneCam. This tool - which was presented at Macworld - allows real-time display on your Mac the video captured by an iPhone. The transfer of information is via WiFi and if this were not enough can also be used with iChat, Photo Booth, and Skype.