Thread: Firefox for iPad

Firefox for iPad

I have been loving the FireFox to browse an internet. I always liked the style and form of Firefox. So I am curious to know that is there any way that the firefox can be installed in an iPad..?? Even in my PC I use the FireFox because I have faced many issues with Internet Explorer. I also want to know about the Gmail interface optimized for the IPAD.!! Hoping that someone over there would post some information soon.

Re: Firefox for iPad

I don't think so that you can use operating system of the iPad that uses the iPhone OS and there isn't a version of Firefox Mobile for the iPhone OS. Also I have never seen the FireFox installed on an IPAD (reason is that I like only Safari..). But if Apple is thinking about the Mozilla which will comes out with a decent application then I would definitely use it. But till now there are no plug-ins of FireFox on an IPAD. Hopefully they will release soon.

Re: Gmail interface optimized for the IPAD

I have read that the Apple will launch its IPAD, and many web sites and services have decided to adapt their codes and interfaces for navigating away from this device much easier. Google has not wanted to stay behind despite his battle with the bite of the apple company, and has officially launched Gmail will look at the IPAD. Google has chosen to follow the pattern of interface divided in your mail program and offers gmail.com with a left sidebar, where we have a list of all our messages as if they were seeing from the iPhone. In the central area can view the contents of the message you select.

If you are curious, you can take a look at the Gmail interface for the IPAD (and the rest of tablets, which we must not forget) by changing the user agent of your browser and put the following :
    Mozilla/5.0(iPad; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us)
    AppleWebKit/531.21.10 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.4 Mobile/7B314 Safari/531.21.10

Not only do users have been infected with the coming of the IPAD, also the developers of applications and Web services, and Google confirmed the launch of a special interface for the IPAD. The new interface, built entirely on HTML5, making the most of every space on the big screen that offers the IPAD showing much more content than the version for iPhone of course. Not you, but Gmail and other Google web applications would be great if follow this line, as does the Wave.