Thread: Connect iPhone to MacBook Pro

Connect iPhone to MacBook Pro

Hello,
    I can not understand: I installed the latest 3.0 on my iphone 3G, I have a mac book, and I can not pair my iphone bluetooth, when it appears on the iphone SIM code, and I confirm that there it says "can be paired with macbook". How can I connect iphone to macbook pro using bluetooth. Any ideas are appreciated. Thank you for your help.

Re: Connect iPhone to MacBook Pro

Hello,
    I have exactly the same problem. I use the option connection sharing with my MacBook Pro but the iPhone and the Mac are not connected when it is paired. When I try to connect, the connection is made during one second and then shuts off. I should mention that the bluetooth on the Mac is "detectable" and the "Bluetooth Sharing" is enabled.

Hello,
    Yes, to make it work, it must, immediately after seeing selected "Match" on the iPhone, to "Continue" (or "Next" I do not know) on the mac, even before he asks. The iPhone will be paired with the Mac. I have followed the same procedure and this worked for me. Just give it a try and see if this works for you.

Hello,
    Apparently for this to work, you must enable sharing via your service provider, so sign up to the "modem" according to Apple. Because for me, after several attempts, the result is the same, the match is made, but no connection possible. If any one has the same problem and has a solution for this then please let me know.

Hello,
    I have a friend who has agreed to offer modem (the service provider), before that, he matched his Iphone, but it did not connect via bluetooth like many of us, and since its subscription supply, the connection has no problem. For my part, I have the same problem on two iPhone 3G and 3G S, so I think you really can really use this option, use it and see if this is working.

Same for my iPhone 3G paired with my iMac but no connection between the two. Same with my PMG5. The matching is done but can not share files. With my old Sony Ericsson T610 it worked very well. When I Browse a Bluetooth device from the iMac I have the following: "This device does not provide the required services" Offer modem does not interest me so I will not subscribe, but it's still a shame that Apple phone will not connect to a Mac bluetooth!

Same for my iPhone 3G paired with my iMac but no connection between the two. Same with my PMG5. The matching is done but can not share files. With my old Sony Ericsson T610 it worked very well. When I Browse a Bluetooth device from the iMac I have the following: "This device does not provide the required services" Offer modem does not interest me so I will not subscribe, but it's still a shame that Apple phone will not connect to a Mac bluetooth!

Here is the comment most useful for having solved my problem! Option Connection Sharing Orange subscribed fully functional service via a cable connection (USB cable iPhone), impossible to sharing via bluetooth. The two devices (Mac and iPhone) paired but the connection lasted only seconds before a mini break for me, it took the lead! But fortunately and especially in this case. A simple restart of the iPhone to make operational all. Not understand where does the bug but apparently there are still a little. So, try to trick anyone Emergency still blocked by bluetooth.

from what I know you cant via bluetooth and without jailbreak...The iphone bluetooth connection is for headsets only. It cant be paired with another regular phone either.....I think if you jailbreak u can pair both iphone and the mackbook