Thread: MacBook Pro time machine problem

MacBook Pro time machine problem

Hello,
    When backing up with Time Machine, I erased the backup disk to restart from scratch. Since then, Time Machine will back me all the time:
    Code:
    Unable to complete backup. An error occurred while creating the backup directory
    I tried everything, Set again, change drive, nothing works, no way to use Time Machine, I always the same message.

Re: MacBook Pro time machine problem

Hello,
    Same problem as above: "Time Machine Error. Unable to mount disk image backup". I spent half past one on the phone with Apple support who finally found the bug: It should go into System Preferences> Sharing, and then we had perceived that there was no computer name . Just name it and this time Time Machine works without problems. Until the next bug? Hope this works for you.

Hello,
    Use an entire folder using Time Machine. The record is fairly complete. The subject of the size of the external drive is addressed. However, to get out of this impasse, I do not use Leopard, but try deleting your preferences file located in HardDiskDrive / Users / yourname / Library / Preferences. This file ends with .plist and should be called something like this "com.apple.timemachine.plist". And it is likely that there also have one or more files to delete in the Preferences folder / Application Support eg.

I just bought the new Mac Book Pro / under Leopard. Assistant I - to prostrate to a permanent backup of my data - a 500GB Time Capsule. I joined to my network via Airport, but does not want it replaced the router already installed. It should therefore serve me for the time that external hard drive wireless. I set Time Capsule that introduced my preference in Time Machine. No backup is possible so far. A message appears as mysterious as discouraging each attempt: "Time Machine Error. Unable to mount disk image backup." But Time Capsule is my well and truly in the drive list Preferences Time Machine.

Hello,
    I do not know if your problem is still relevant, in fact I hope not. But especially to meet the following encounter this problem: I posted the same message and the only way I found to address this concern is to connect manually to the TC: Finder -> in "shared" click on the TC -> open the shared folder -> a disk image will appear and it's good. Now I would like to know how to avoid having to make this manip every time.

The problem might be hardware, bad / defective components on the series of MacBook Pro 17 ". Will see in a SAM or an Apple Store to make a diagnosis and / or repair your machine. Where calls. If the problem is known and you're out of warranty, the repair should be free. Others will certainly help you more, because I have not experienced this problem, but will still see a professions.

I had exactly the same problems on my Mac Mini unbearable. Without doing anything special, hop, freeze it, some things still meet occasionally, such as if talking to someone on the Adium chat for a while so we can still receive messages. 5 good freeze it big minutes, then resumed it, then 2 minutes later, it re-freeze, too horrible. One day I left Activity Monitor running while waiting for a freeze and they think it was that seemed mdsworker grab all the resources. Since then, I completely disabled spotlight and more trouble. Then I reinstalled my DVD of Snow Leopard, the updates again and reactivated spotlight and no problem.