Thread: Best phone for AT&T or TMobile without data plan?

Best phone for AT&T or TMobile without data plan?

I am really facing trouble with the new “data plans” which are required for almost each and every desirable phone present in the market. Whether it is Blackberries, iPhone, or any WinMobile OS phone and who can forget G1.
    I was thinking that I could get a Blackberry phone without the plan to use it on the WiFi but I know that will not get discount on that phone.
    Whatever, I want to know which is best phone, I can have that does not require a data plan and have maximum functionality of a smartphone.

Re: Best phone for AT&T or TMobile without data plan?

If you have AT&T and do not want to get a data plan that is somewhat necessary with the new phone. Then you can choose The Samsung A177 – GoPhone. Its approximate price is around $79.99. You just have to insert you AT&T SIM in it and you can use it. There is no need of any contract or data. You can do the same thing for T-mobile.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

For you information, you are allowed to use windows mobile phone without a data plan. In order to get all the refund stuff on the new windows mobile phone you are require to sign up for one and they will operate on the basis of that. I hope this will help you. If you have any further queries then you can ask here and I am sure you will get a solution.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

My phone does not require any kind of data plan to be on all the time and will suggest you to use the same. I am using Samsung Eternity mobile phone and here are some features of this mobile phone. The phone book can hold one thousand contacts with room in each entry for numerous phone numbers, e-mails, and also URLs. Eternity has complete Bluetooth with a stereo profile, a file manager, a voice recorder, USB mass storage, and instant messaging.

It is true that you can use windows mobile phone without data plan but there is loss of functionality. You will not be able to do anything that requires an internet connection, until you connect it to a WiFi network. Hence you cannot do web browsing and email on your phone. Rest of the things are fine you can enjoy all the other functionalities without data card.

You will not be able to do anything that requires an internet connection if you connect it to WiFi network, hence the web browsing and the emails are out of the case. Currently there is only one flavor of WinMo and that is version 6. This is very nice and it can also be customized according to the requirement. I have heard that Microsoft is planning to release new version next year.

Recently I have called AT & T and they are saying the data plan is necessary for the Samsung Jack. It seems that all the smart phones or the PDA type; require a $30 data plan now. I am really sick of this. Can anybody give suggestion related to this problem? What kind of phones is the Wi-Fi capable and do not require data package.

I have had a blackberry for several years, but have now decided the required data plan is not worth the money to me. I don’t want internet or e-mail on my phone. What is the best phone with ATT that allows you to make calls and text message and also has the features of the blackberry? I want things like calendar for appointments, memo pad, password keeper, full keyboard etc. I'm looking for something with a similar style and appearance to the blackberry. No need for internet or e-mail so I can save some money on the monthly bill. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phonehelp View Post
    I have had a blackberry for several years, but have now decided the required data plan is not worth the money to me. I don’t want internet or e-mail on my phone. What is the best phone with ATT that allows you to make calls and text message and also has the features of the blackberry? I want things like calendar for appointments, memo pad, password keeper, full keyboard etc. I'm looking for something with a similar style and appearance to the blackberry. No need for internet or e-mail so I can save some money on the monthly bill. Thanks
    I would recommend you to go for the Pantech Duo (Refurb), although some people have something against refurbished products, I don't think there is a problem. Unless you are willing to pitch in 49.99 more, you can get a new version. Pantech Duo offers a double slider, good for those slider fans like you. A slide out QWERTY keyboard sideways (texting made easy!) and a numeric keyboard vertically for normal dialling. It features Windows Mobile, although you probably don't care, this offers MUCH more features than most phones. More information you can find it over here.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's