Thread: iPad losing wifi connection, forgetting password

iPad losing wifi connection, forgetting password

Hey mates, please help me out to fix it. I had bought a new Apple iPad last month. It worked fine for these few days now suddenly am getting problem with its Wi-Fi connection. It suddenly drops the Wi-Fi connection automatically and prompt me again to input password. I dont know why.

Actually it repeats in every 30 minutes.. Is it due to any settings that is set for 30 minutes ? Please help me out of this.. Any help will be appreciated !!

Re: iPad losing wifi connection, forgetting password

Yea, thats i think is the first bug of iPad. It is happening with many people. Even i am also facing this problem and has not fixed it yet. Even worst for me, connection gets drop in every 15 to 16 minutes ..

It seems that the "use a WPA key is the cause of many disconnected (every 5-10 minutes) and it was also found to slow traffic (up to 10 times slower than the Using an iPhone or Mac on the same access point). One solution is to disable the WPA key and perform filtering by the MAC which is not a guarantee of safety.

Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    Yea, thats i think is the first bug of iPad. It is happening with many people.
    I do agree with desilva. Its really a annoying bug i had found yet in iPad. I just reboot the system when my Wi-Fi gets dropped and on the startup it gets solved. But that makes delay in the work..

Do anyone has any other solution for this ? Please share.

Well, we need to wait some more time for the fix of this. The problem can be solved by a simple update in the future by Apple. As per my experience, actually there is a light sensor on the screen that returns an information to an amp to power the wifi, because when it's light, photons interact with the Wi-Fi!

It was also said that only happens if the IPAD is supported on your back on a table or other surface. What have you tried?

Quote Originally Posted by Simond View Post
    It was also said that only happens if the IPAD is supported on back on a table or other surface. What have you tried?
    I dont think it might be the problem, i have also tried it placing on my palm but still it gets disconnected. Also it continues the same after rebooting 3 times. Am also sure that theres no problem with my wifi network because my another Macbook is running fine on the same.

While searching for solution i found the following thread here : Intermittent WiFi on iPad . What you guys think about this ?

"
    Quote Originally Posted by desilva View Post
    Yea, thats i think is the first bug of iPad. It is happening with many people. Even i am also facing this problem and has not fixed it yet. Even worst for me, connection gets drop in every 15 to 16 minutes ..
    More serious problems are also reported to load on some USB ports on some laptops and Macs Legacy. The iPad is power hungry, some USB ports are not able to provide the required power. The iPad will display the message ""not charging"" icon near the battery. Some older Macs (MacBook Pro and Mac Pro) deliver 5V at 500mA 12V 1200mA cons for the new MacBooks. The models of delivering 5V are able to charge an iPhone but not an iPad. Using an external USB power such as a USB hub is the solution."