Thread: Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7

Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7

I am having a Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7. Actually I has it running with Windows XP. I needed to have a change in the operating system because of which I switched to Windows 7. Well, I thought that Windows Vista is too slow and has many problems due to which I opted for Windows 7. But, after installing Windows 7, I cannot get all the applications and programs running in my system. Some refuse to run while others seem to have incompatibility issues.

Is this a genuine problem? If yes, please help me with the solutions that will help me to get rid of this problem.

Re: Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7

Hello there, there are many incompatibility issues with the applications and programs that run fine in the older versions of the Windows 7 operating systems. Windows Vista is more recommended than Windows 7, when it comes in case of incompatibility issues. Windows 7 is recommended for just one reason, that is for faster startup as well as an entirely fast system.

It will be better if you degrade to Windows Vista from Windows 7. The Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7 can be in a terrible condition with incompatible programs running in your system. I was using Windows 7 too and I am feeling quite comfortable while working with Windows Vista. The terrible condition was that I was not able to play any games on Windows 7, but Windows Vista helps me to play most of the games.

There is no need to worry if there are incompatibility problems with the Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7. I have seen that all such applications and programs facing the incompatibility problems are provided with the compatibility tools. When they are installed in the system before the particular applications and programs are installed, all the required compatibility settings will be done with the help of this tool.

It is required that you must install correct and compatible drivers in your Dell Latitude D400 running Windows 7. If you install incorrect drivers, then problems will surely occur. Anyways, run the hardware and software evaluation wizard in your system and get rid of all the applications and programs that are listed as incompatible. After that, install all the compatible applications and programs to keep your system smooth and normal.